Sonic Electronix

ok got a problem.... infact a VERY big PROBLEM.

Finally got my cashflow back in shape and i went and brought 4 SUBS (12inch) Pioneer.... And thought it'd be louder than my 15" Vibe spaces (x2)

However, i have 2 amps. 1200rms each.....

Subs= Pioneer TS-W3004SPL - 1000watt RMS 3000peak. each

Amps= JBL 1201.1 - 1200rms at 2 Ohm.

Now my problem is that the Subs are 4Ohm Dual Voice Coil. CLICK HERE FOR SUB SPEC PAGE

CLICK FOR MORE INFO ON AMP

I cant seem to figure out how to wire them, i used the RF site and got this

2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

OR THIS

2_4ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

IF I do it in to 4ohms, im only going to get 750 RMS...

So how can i connect all 4 subs to the 2 amps to get maximum output?

Thanks in advanced, i hope i've been able to give as much info as possible

Connect 2 subs at 1 ohm to each amp...Just like your picture says...That is what I would do..Someone might do different!! Is your amp 1 ohm stable?? MY Badd you want 2 ohms right..I need to read better...Umm..I don't think your amp is stable at 1 ohm...So 2 ohms...

you cant get max power with the coil config you have, Im pretty sure you amp isnt 1 ohm stable, and I wouldnt try it unless you have a warrenty.

nope its not..... thts the diagrams i get,,,,, they are right however i need to wire diffrently.... Anyone know any diffrent way??

I mean i dont mind even if the subs were getting 500watts each but im just curious to know if there is a bend apart from either gettting 2 new 1Ohm Stable amps or just wiring at 4ohms.....i mean if i cant find a soloution i'll have to wire them in sereies at 4 ohms no choice, but if there is..... thennn....

Any Alternatives?

Thanks for the replys btw! :D

Wire each sub to 2ohms & then it's own amp. As long as the gains are properly set, they will knock for sure.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

i've already done tht, when i wire the 2subs to the one amp, even before i can get descent knock it cuts....

best was when i wired 1 sub to the amp at 2ohms, it knocks alright! but i guess after looking around for some time now im going to have to wire them at 4 ohms in series... :(

Thanks for the input!

idea....sell your amps and buy 2 T20001bds and wire to 1 ohm each or 1 t40001bd and wire it to 2 ohm. other than that your either gonna push your current amps too hard or not at full potential.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

ok today i done everything, but i had to re-wire amps 3 TIMES and almost fired both my amps and voice coils.! lol i just aint used to the idea of series wiring, but however i got it right today and DHAM even at 350watts RMS each Sub they BANG hard! i wired them in to 4ohm stable.

Although in my old Nissan 2003 Make, i could see flex, but not in this car, new car is a seat ibiza.... hopefully soon i'll post pictures of system in members builds :D

lrg_article_705-img_0.jpg

Archived