Questions on Install...Help?

Nowhere in ANY of your posts did you put anything about using a relay. All you kept saying is "just use a resistor"... And don't try pulling that "old school" bull shit on me like i'm some n00b or something. In January I probably wired up 20-30relays the "old school" way to bypass passlock 1 and 2 because DEI ran out of PLJX and shipped us 200some xk09s with untested PLXR firmware that either drained car batteries or threw out the wrong r-code. And still everytime I've ever wired up a passlock 1 bypass useing a resistor I've always used two relays... one for bulb check and one passlock wires.

Here is directed's passlock 1 instructions on wiring up a passlock 1 system the "old school" way:

http://www.joelhoward.net/1047.pdf

The method you even described in that post is for a VATS system not a passlock 1 system...

And how is it working in your blazer when blazers came with no immobilizer until 98? and your's is a 96?

my bad on not typing resistor AND relay..sometimes my fingers move slower than my brain...but seriously how long are you gonna argue that passlock 1 and vats arent bypassed the same way(minus the theft light)...immobilizers were an anti theft option on the 96 97 model blazers..then made standard equipment in 98....and i wasnt even going to get into the bulb check relay wiring considering the OP has already purchased the bypass and could probably care less..not tryin to take away from you here bro...just tryin to shed some light on a topic...i do atleast 9 - 10 remote starts a week...i personally dont use anything but my flashlogic bypasses at work even on these type vehicles....but in a DIY environment most people would prefer a cheaper way out...and a couple bucks on two relays and a vats pack sure as hell beats 30 to 40 for the bypass...but its all good i guess im some terrible installer/fabricator that teaches bad habits..mobile electronics mag must think we are a shop full of hacks too....there are very few people in this country that can say theyve been the feature shop and cover of a magazine...and i pride our professionalism and drive for that

...october 2009 issue pages 26-33 if im not mistaken

http://memag.epubxpr...2CbEdFAIJtzhA!/

1996 S-10 Blazer

Kenwood DNX-6140

(2)Kinetik HC2000

(2)US Amps MD3Dv2

US Amps MD42v2

(4)Hertz HCX-165 (front doors)

(2)Hertz HL-70 (dash)

(2)Hertz HT-25 (dash)

(2)Hertz SX-380D

Just can't admit you're telling people the improper way to do shit can you... And as for your shop being in ME look up dukes car stereo in their archive... We've been on the cover three times and had I believe 4installers rank in their top 100. If you don't believe me I can take a picture of the walls in our waiting room plastered with feature installs in magazines and the covers we have been on.

I know that I know what I'm talking about and so do the other members on this board judging by the ammount of private messages I get every week asking for advice or help troubleshooting.

I'm done arguing. In the months of December-February every year I'm pushing out atleast five starters a day. Our shop sells the most dei remote starts in the state of michigan other than micky shore which has about 30some more locations than us. He'll dei does private training for our company only every year.

You do it your way and I'll do it mine. I prefer not to take shortcuts and risk a warranty job and I also prefer to keep the factory immobilizer intact instead of completely bypassing it.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

bustedassblazer, everyone's had covers and features. and as a shop that does 20+ remote starters a day during the christmas season i can say our techs never once used your method. for the few dollars a bypass costs its not even worth the time and effort to build one, not to mention how much safer and foolproof a bypass is.

and shyne, those xk's sucked. flashlogic has some good pieces though, and they work great with dei alarms still ;)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I have 2 12" kicker cvrs but I'm tryin to decide whether or not to upgrade to 1 fi 15 ssd. With that I would need to do the big 3 and spend alot ofmoney on other upgrades but I'd like to get into some comps one day.. Anyone have any suggestions or comments I'd rly appreciate it

I have 2 12" kicker cvrs but I'm tryin to decide whether or not to upgrade to 1 fi 15 ssd. With that I would need to do the big 3 and spend alot ofmoney on other upgrades but I'd like to get into some comps one day.. Anyone have any suggestions or comments I'd rly appreciate it

for the big 3 you need 0g. enough to run from (1) the batt to the amp, (2) the batt + to the charging post of the alt (a safe way ofcourse, no going through fans or tucked inside belts) and (3) from the -of the batt, and alt, to chassis.

get your big 3 in, get a big amp that'll handle an ssd, and then get the sub. no reason to have a sweet sub sittin there if you cant power it.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Ya that makes sense.. I gotta Pontiac grand am so my trunk is rly limited.. Eventually I plan to get 4 15s but I'm going to plan all that out when I trade my car in and get some more space.. Right now I gotta 1000w kenwood and it pushes those cvrs pretty good.. It's jus crazy cuz those ssds are 1000 RNA and my kenwood only averages 3-500 soo...

bustedassblazer, everyone's had covers and features. and as a shop that does 20+ remote starters a day during the christmas season i can say our techs never once used your method. for the few dollars a bypass costs its not even worth the time and effort to build one, not to mention how much safer and foolproof a bypass is.

and shyne, those xk's sucked. flashlogic has some good pieces though, and they work great with dei alarms still wink.gif

look guys...im done with this one...shyne said it best you do it your way ill do it mine...i dont have issues with warranty work as i hope none of you do...we all hate gettin paid once to work on a car twice

1996 S-10 Blazer

Kenwood DNX-6140

(2)Kinetik HC2000

(2)US Amps MD3Dv2

US Amps MD42v2

(4)Hertz HCX-165 (front doors)

(2)Hertz HL-70 (dash)

(2)Hertz HT-25 (dash)

(2)Hertz SX-380D

Archived