Sundown Audio

Resistors for impedence drop?

kx519

Can i use a resistor to lose some impedance in my wiring?

I have a huge box of high grade resistors that i have no use for and if i can throw one in parallel with my speakers to get a lower impedance that would be amazing!

84 K5 Blazer

3" body, 2" Suspension

35" Maxxis Bighorn

100amp Alt

Marine deep cycle for the amps (freebie)

KnuKonceptz 1/0

8 Hifonics HFi 12D4's in ~19cubes tuned to 35hz

Audiopipe AP-18001D

RF 5x8's in the kicks

Almani 5.25 comp. in back

Kenwood KAC-645

--IN THE FUTURE--

None.

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM:name=Decaf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Decaf @ Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->we seriously need some butt plugs so you guys stop spewing chit talk<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Can i use a resistor to lose some impedance in my wiring?

I have a huge box of high grade resistors that i have no use for and if i can throw one in parallel with my speakers to get a lower impedance that would be amazing!

It would most likely blow the resistor, but if you did have one that would take the power, yes it would lower your impedance, the only problem is your sub wont see the additional power you would think you should get, since the resistor is absorbing half of the total power the amp is putting out.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

It would most likely blow the resistor, but if you did have one that would take the power, yes it would lower your impedance, the only problem is your sub wont see the additional power you would think you should get, since the resistor is absorbing half of the total power the amp is putting out.

x2

It will lower the impedance, but it does absolutely nothing for you!

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Those are some baddd azz resistors, homie! LOL

Don't do that. Just build a proper box for your subs to keep impedance rise down. $22 and a sunny Sunday!

i get less than an ohm of rise.

But i can only wire my subs to 1 or 4 ohms, and i wanted a 2ohm load.

84 K5 Blazer

3" body, 2" Suspension

35" Maxxis Bighorn

100amp Alt

KnuKonceptz 1/0

Audiopipe AP-18001D

RF 5x8's in the kicks

Kenwood KAC-645

--IN THE FUTURE--

None.

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM:name=Decaf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Decaf @ Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->we seriously need some butt plugs so you guys stop spewing chit talk<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I was afraid of that.

84 K5 Blazer

3" body, 2" Suspension

35" Maxxis Bighorn

100amp Alt

KnuKonceptz 1/0

Audiopipe AP-18001D

RF 5x8's in the kicks

Kenwood KAC-645

--IN THE FUTURE--

None.

Archived