Speaker Break In

Guest Nismofreak

Guest Nismofreak

I was wondering if speakers need to break in..Seems like my right speakers get louder and better but had them in my car for like 2 weeks and my left doors speaker and back speakers where put in 3 days ago.....I am confused :blink: .....or do subs only break in?

Hmmm...don't think mid's and high's need to be broken in, unless there is a helluva lot of glue within the speakers....

1 Kicker VSL512

Power Acoustik 800rms mono class D

Pioneer Premier DEH3900MP

Complete Kicker Amp Kit (4G)

Pioneer TS-G1341R 5-1/4" 2-way Door Speakers[/font]

Guest Nismofreak

Well because a guy at a db drag asked if I broke my speakers in and I said I thought you break in subs not speakers but he said you break in your speakers to....WEIRD!!!

Well because a guy at a db drag asked if I broke my speakers in and I said I thought you break in subs not speakers but he said you break in your speakers to....WEIRD!!!

LMAO!!

smd2.gif

2002 nissan frontier crewcab

eclipse cd2000

mb quart prem's fr&rear

rf p4004

Actually I think I've heard of this somewhere also. I can't say one way or the other though... :unsure:

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

funny, I posted here about 1hr ago, but now I look, and nothing came up... oh well

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

• 1 month later...

I've heard of some high powered comp sets that need a good week or 2 of playing time for optimal performance. Rainbow comps are one of them. They recommend 10hrs of play time. The woofers have rubber surround and I believe it can take a lil power so break in time would make since but I would do it like a sub. Dont play it at full tilt until a few days of joyriding has pasted by, then I guess u would probably wanna tweak them again, adding more midbass or midrange.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

Archived