Sonic Electronix

what is the best 10 inch sub?

the best 10 i've seen is dc lvl5 with the thorshammer package, i mean, it eats 7k like james woods eats pieces of candy

but for 400 watts, STOP EXPECTING TEH LOUDNESS. its stinkin cuz your clippin it, get a bigger amp and power that sub properly before you buy another sub and stink it up with the same shitty signal. how the hell didnt anyone say that yet?

You obviously missed where at least two of us said that

Reading>You

Seriously though, get a new amp...preferably have it do a bit more power than you need, that way you don't stress the amp to get the 600rms you want and I'm sure that Kicker can handle more than 600rms...you have it bridged to 4ohm so then you must have a DVC 2ohm, you can wire it to 1ohm too so finding an amp that does at least 600rms @ 1ohm is easier than 600rms @ 4ohm

Of course the 2 12's were louder, they are bigger subs and two of so that's more cone area ;)

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

:rofl: Could always be a Kenwood too, too many possibilities. I do bet it is either a Sony or Kenwood.

Bro, nobody is saying that the amp is bad. You said that the amp had no problems on the other setups and those subs never got stinky either, right? That's because you were running 2-3 subwoofers at a time. If you're pushing those clipped signals to multiply subs, the power is going to be reduced and spread out to each of the subs, causing them not to get stinky. Since you're pushing the whole clipped signal to a single subwoofer, the subwoofer is going to get stinky. So just get yourself a better amp that can push out around 600 RMS at 1 or 2 ohm (Sorry if you already specified if the sub is a 2 or 4 ohm sub and I read over it). Then get yourself a custom box not that prefab truck box, and you'll be good to go.

whats a nice affordable monoblock that does 600 rms at 2ohm

cowboys_logo.gif

:rofl: Could always be a Kenwood too, too many possibilities. I do bet it is either a Sony or Kenwood.

Bro, nobody is saying that the amp is bad. You said that the amp had no problems on the other setups and those subs never got stinky either, right? That's because you were running 2-3 subwoofers at a time. If you're pushing those clipped signals to multiply subs, the power is going to be reduced and spread out to each of the subs, causing them not to get stinky. Since you're pushing the whole clipped signal to a single subwoofer, the subwoofer is going to get stinky. So just get yourself a better amp that can push out around 600 RMS at 1 or 2 ohm (Sorry if you already specified if the sub is a 2 or 4 ohm sub and I read over it). Then get yourself a custom box not that prefab truck box, and you'll be good to go.

whats a nice affordable monoblock that does 600 rms at 2ohm

Mods:Fail Double Post

cowboys_logo.gif

Everyone keeps saying the guy is clipping his amp, yet, I didn't see one person try and explain, what he may be doing to clip the amp

1) A 1200w amp should sound somewhat loud with a 1200watt subwoofer- correct?

But since it didn't live up to his expectations, it being a Sony amp

2) The gain, and bass boost may be maxed out, or tuned up pretty high, maybe the deck bass is up all the way and the loud button turned on

That all causes major clipping, which will cause the subwoofer to smell funky

3) If the amp you are using makes the woofer smell and you need needed to turn the gain up alot, and the bass boost up to get what is assumed louder sound from the sub, well, sell the amp, and buy a better quality amp, that puts out more better rated power at RMS, not max rating BS

Just buy a Sundown SAZ1000D when they get back in stock, that amp is about 1100-1200rms of real power, and at a killer price

You will be turning the bass on the deck down, you wouldn't need any bass boost at all, and you wont smell any more woofer

Cant rely on crappy mainstream stuff rated at max power

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived