Sonic Electronix

A T1000.1 would be PERFECT for 4 of those. You should be able to fit 4 12"s in a caprice with a lil effort. You'll need a good battery up front with dual posts, a spare one in the back (HC600 from kinetik would be perfect) 1 run of 1/0gauge power and ground to the back, Big 3. POSSIBLY a H/O alt, but it may be optional

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

small questions like this try to keep them in threads that you already started. so we dont have a bunch of lil threads around. keep it all in one. thanks bro

-Chode

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

• 1 month later...

Aight I got somemore 4 ya (Im trynna figure some of this out and nobody round here knows shit about it)....

What is the difference between tweeters, subs, and component speakers?

What does the port do?

Why is it better to separate space for each sub?

How do you know the amount of power needed for a sub?

Do u need a separate amp for each sub?

Does it make a difference if the sub is placed upside down in the enclosure?

How much does wiring cost (estimate) for a full system (interior panels included)?

What is tha deal wit magnets? Ive heard something about them in a discussion about subs.

To what limit of power do u have 2 bring in a separate battery 2 run ur system?

How much have u spent on tha system in your car?

What is the difference between tweeters, subs, and component speakers?

What does the port do?

Why is it better to separate space for each sub?

How do you know the amount of power needed for a sub?

Do u need a separate amp for each sub?

Does it make a difference if the sub is placed upside down in the enclosure?

How much does wiring cost (estimate) for a full system (interior panels included)?

What is tha deal wit magnets? Ive heard something about them in a discussion about subs.

To what limit of power do u have 2 bring in a separate battery 2 run ur system?

How much have u spent on tha system in your car?

In order

~tweeters reproduce the high frequancys aka treb. Subs create bass or what vibrates your car. components are seprate speakers( tweeters and midrange) they also have a external crossover to eleminate freq that are harmful to the mid and tweet..

~the port vents the subwoofer encloser. if you compair sealed and ported, the ported box will always be louder.

~there is no real gain in having seprate sub enclosures except that if you are running a box that uses the same airspace for both speakers and you blow 1 speaker, the 1 speaker that is left working will not produce the same sound because there is only 1 sub left compressing the air left in the box instead of 2.

~when looking at the subwoofers specifications the sub will have a rms wattage rating, the rms rating is pretty much the amount of power you want to give the sub. The peak wattage is mostly the most the sub can take at any giving moment.

~no, you do not need a seprate amp for each sub, but you could run 2,3,4,5etc amps per sub depending on what kind of subs and amps you have. but if you have 4 subs that are needing 1000 watts each, it will be more efficent to get one 4000 watt amp for all 4 subs then 4 seprate 1000 watt amps and use 1 sub per amp.

~if you are using 2 subs, and you have 1 sub facing upside down and the other sub the normal way, you will need to change the positive and negative around on the sub to change its phase on the sub that is mounted upside down. otherwise one sub will be pushing and the other sub will be pulling canceling each others waves out.

~wiring prices vary so much its hard to say. It depends where you buy your wire, the quality of your wire, the size of your wire etc. A decnet 0 gauge power wire will go for about 2-4$ a foot online so multiply that by how many feet you need from front to back. Rca cables are from 15-50+ bucks for a 20 foot cord (which should reach from your cd player to your amps in the trunk) again prices vary on quality. If you run 1 amp you will need 1 set of cords. If you use a 4 channel amp, you will need 2 sets of cords. if you run a 4 channel and a sub amp you will need 3 sets of cords. you will also need a wiring harness that plugs into your factory radio harness clip that will then be wired up to your cd player wires so you dont cut stock wires, these are about 10 bucks.

~a bigger magnet most of the time means that the speaker will handle more power and the throw of the woofers cone will move in and out more. A bigger magnet will be more powerful then a smaller magnet, but not all the time with the newer tech the neodymium magnet is really strong, powerful and light, I know some of the new bosten subs like the 555 use these http://www.bostonacoustics.com/car/car_pro...p;family_id=130 .

~its hard to say on the type of car, some cars have higher amperage alts. If your amp is 1000 watts, your going to need at least 100 amps of power dedicated to your amp. so if your car only has a 90 amp alt you are 10 amps short of the power you need for your amp, so you should get a 2nd battery then. Dont forget that misc items in your vehicle need power too like lights, radio, fans.

~Id say right now I only got about $4500 invested into my stereo, cd player, 1 sub, 1 sub amp, 1 4 channel mid & tweet, front & rear components, rockford fosgate 0 gauge wiring, rockford fosgate rca cables, stinger distrobution blocks and fuse holders, and 2 optima batteries.

I most definitely owe u props. Lemme ask u 1 more thing. Is Rockford Fosgate quality stuff? I get mixed comments about them.

RF is some of the best stuff out there. They are fairly expensive, but you get what you pay for...and more. I have yet to see a birth sheet where their amps produce rated wattage, they have all produced more than they were rated at.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

RF is some of the best stuff out there. They are fairly expensive, but you get what you pay for...and more. I have yet to see a birth sheet where their amps produce rated wattage, they have all produced more than they were rated at.

thats because they have to otherwise they dont hit the market.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Archived