Here we go. 1989 Chevy Astro

cool, i am tuned in on this build!!!

and i didn't know that the SPLX15's were quad coil or did you have them built?

1996 GMC YUKON 2dr

Eclipse cd5000

six- Soundstream T5 12's in 13^ft tuned to 30.4hz,43.04hz, and 53.53hz soundoff

149.8 on TL in kick,150.0 SEALED in kick 147.8 SB4

3 RF T5002's--------------going to 3 Soundstream DTR1.3400D's

two- Stinger sp1000's----going to two- BATCAP 4000's

2 140 amp alternators---going to 300amp Ohio Generator

2 runs 1/0ga, big 3-------going to 4 runs 1/0g + and 3 runs 1/0g -

MB Quart QSD 6.5's in doors---soon to come

my build log HERE!!!! check it out!

The older 2008 models had a version SPLX-154 which meant 14" 4 voice coils. Then there were the SPLX-152 which were dual. I think that's right. Mine are quad 1ohm. 8 friggin 8gauge wires coming form each sub. Was a pain to wire up until I learned to use a distro block. The SPLX-HX2 are dual voice coil. I hear they are not going to do quads any more, but you never know.

Fisch, That's Gary's garage.

I did get one panel wired up, but... 2 of the midwoofers aren't working. I'm gonna try to take it apart tomorrow during lunch and see if they by chance came disconnected somehow. There is literally no room between the crossovers to run the wires without smashing the cages on them. That sucks, but I can do it (I think).

I didn't get pictures today, was too busy cleaning the shop up and rearranging things in it. Had the electricians and plumbers out today to wire up a new hot water heater. We haven't had a water heater in the shop for over 10 years. Bought damned time we got one.

I can't see shit out the windows at night. Almost pulled out in front of someone this morning on the way to work. I'm also finding air leaks in other places now that the doors seal tight. Gonna have to fix that. Any leak will kill pressure, which is not a good thing.

Box designer hasn't got back with me, yet. No big deal on that though as I got faith. I'll probably go pick up a couple sheets of MDF tomorrow. I got a lot of measuring to do for the wall face. Gonna paint the side door window so no one can see anything inside the van behind the wall.

Picked up 2 more tweeters the other day. They are soundstream tws.4 and handle 110watts a pair. I'm not going to run a soundstream amp on these due to having, as a gimmick, a motorcyle/atv 500watt amplifier coming from Hong Kong. This thing is small and probably only puts out about 40 watts, but it'll do the trick. The tweeters will go in the headliner somehow. The amplifier even has a USB charging port on it, if I remember correctly. I think that's the one I ordered.

Let's see, anything else....... Not that I can think of right now. I've got a lot of plans on my head that aren't even on paper yet. Every modification to the van, audio or otherwise, is being wrote down so I can keep track of what is what and what is completed (like that will ever happen). More tomorrow

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

As promised, pics as system sits right now. Remember, this is an under construction thing. There are some areas that have failed at a mod, or I haven't got off my lazy rump to finish.

The first one is the dash and headunit area. I started ripping the dash cover off one day. I was going to fiberglass it, but, after doing it I got lazy. I will finish it one day, if I can ever find time and a donor dash so I can continue to drive the van daily.

Good ole HVC Kd-AVX1. Stinger volt meter with blue display.

hpim1735h.jpg

Passenger door panel. I cut the bottom center to fit the crossover I have, temporarily. Decided against it a few hours later. This has one PowerBass 6.5" coaxial in it.

hpim1736j.jpg

Driver side door panels with same type of speaker, EXCEPT, tweeter broke off a while ago. Like I say, I got lazy and never fixed it. Don't need to now since I have the new door panels going in.

hpim1737k.jpg

Half of the sub wall. Didn't get the other half pic taken since it's pretty much just a mirrored image.

hpim1738.jpg

Inside looking out passenger door window. This is during the day and driver door is open. It's a lot darker when van is completely closed.

hpim1739.jpg

The next two pics are where I really need to clean up things. Looks disgusting as hell, but I'm lazy. I used to have it pretty much fully enclosed but one thing or another led me to take it mostly apart.

hpim1740.jpg

hpim1741x.jpg

The distro blocks go to my subs. Each sub has 4+ and 4- connections on them. That would lead to a total of 32 wires coming out of the enclosure. I couldn't have that. It's set up when I only have 4+ and 4- coming out of the enclosure to the distros. Then to the amp. This gives me a 1ohm load.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

The doors are installed, finally.

hpim1744.jpg

hpim1745.jpg

I could only use 2 sets per door due to technical issues (blown crossovers, that's what I get for buying used). Those problems will be fixed as soon as I get hold of SS to get them fixed.

And now for the most awesome amplifier you've ever seen.

hpim1746n.jpg

Yes, you see it correct. 500watts. It's more like 3 watts per channel. It even has a USB charger on it. I was going to use it as a gimmick and make it look like it's the only amp I have. But I decided not to.

More at a later date. Moon visor is supposed to be here Tuesday. Hopefully it's in one piece since it's being shipped ups.

them doors look more and more like some ones lol as i told gary the look good man glad they went to you do work man

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

I just wish Gary didn't blow 2 of the crossovers (so far, still got 2 to check. Possibly 1 has the tweeter section out).

It's getting there. Still waiting on wall design. Mids and highs seem to be keeping up a lot better with the bass. Matter of fact, I turned the bass down a bit today and seemed to do better at shaking things (shirt moving a bit at 5ft away).

I am gonna try to get a vid or 2 sometime within the next week.

I just wish Gary didn't blow 2 of the crossovers (so far, still got 2 to check. Possibly 1 has the tweeter section out).

It's getting there. Still waiting on wall design. Mids and highs seem to be keeping up a lot better with the bass. Matter of fact, I turned the bass down a bit today and seemed to do better at shaking things (shirt moving a bit at 5ft away).

I am gonna try to get a vid or 2 sometime within the next week.

heck man man i want to see videos i knew he messed up one crossover or something cause he was telling me at the jax show or it could of been someone else but he never ran the van that much thats crazy how he did

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

A 54Mb not-so-good video of the system playing. I used Decaf's version of Boogieman. It was either that song or Pur Silicon which I couldn't take the time to find since I was supposed to be putting van in garage instead of playing (we garage the van when going out for long periods of time).

Don't look at the trash in the van, remember, it's under construction. I don't have everything back together and won't have until I get the new design built and installed.

I do have to work on my voltage. Noticed it dropped down to 12.7volts. That's not good. Probably just need a couple more batteries since I've only got 2 right now. Not a major problem.

My link

How the hell do you insert a youtube video again? Damn I need to keep up with tech stuff

Archived