Sonic Electronix

sounds like a voltage issue to me...possibly an improper ground...amp specs appear to be a kenwood 9104D which is no current monster by any means...and that phasing issue that installer threw at you was COMPLETE bullshit

so does that mean i should put the phase back at 180 then?? it will sound louder but im afraid it will blow my fuses because since ive switched it to 0 nothing has blown

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

so does that mean i should put the phase back at 180 then?? it will sound louder but im afraid it will blow my fuses because since ive switched it to 0 nothing has blown

Your phase switch has nothing to do with your fuses.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

get a bigger amp and turn the gains down, have it oscoped or have some one else install it

this but like i said get your gains set if not then go bigger i guess what kind of headunit to you have cause if you get a good headunit with a good preout voltage then you wont have to be turning your gains up so high

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

this but like i said get your gains set if not then go bigger i guess what kind of headunit to you have cause if you get a good headunit with a good preout voltage then you wont have to be turning your gains up so high

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer+-+50W+...p;skuId=9197148 head unit

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kenwood+-+500W...p;skuId=8742603 amp

http://www.diamondaudio.com/content/view/134/148/ subs

i have no money to spend on car stuff right now.. so does anyone know of reliable shops that can set your gains and stuff for free? like maybe bestbuy or ultimate electronics? idk or atleast like really cheap? i dont know of any audio places where im at other than those two.

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

it could possibly quite a few things in your situation...i usually run those amps on a fifty to sixty amp fuse with no issues..unless your cars electrical sucks completely i would almost immediately rule out voltage issues blowing the fuse..an improper ground could cause the fuse to blow...clipped signals could as well...unless the installers you have available are complete knuckleheads they should be able to solve this problem no sweat

and the phase selection 0 or 180 degrees has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with you blowing fuses...i would explain its purpose but it offers no regard to this situation

1996 S-10 Blazer

Kenwood DNX-6140

(2)Kinetik HC2000

(2)US Amps MD3Dv2

US Amps MD42v2

(4)Hertz HCX-165 (front doors)

(2)Hertz HL-70 (dash)

(2)Hertz HT-25 (dash)

(2)Hertz SX-380D

it could possibly quite a few things in your situation...i usually run those amps on a fifty to sixty amp fuse with no issues..unless your cars electrical sucks completely i would almost immediately rule out voltage issues blowing the fuse..an improper ground could cause the fuse to blow...clipped signals could as well...unless the installers you have available are complete knuckleheads they should be able to solve this problem no sweat

and the phase selection 0 or 180 degrees has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with you blowing fuses...i would explain its purpose but it offers no regard to this situation

ok this amp is on two 30amp fuses

and would you recommend leaving it at 0 or putting it back at 180?

my ground is on this piece of metal between the trunk and my backseat if that matters

Edited by deeemc

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Fucking weak man.

ok this amp is on two 30amp fuses

and would you recommend leaving it at 0 or putting it back at 180?

my ground is on this piece of metal between the trunk and my backseat if that matters

the fuse that I have been refering to is the one under the hood..if you are blowing the fuses in the amp(taking into account that you are refering to the two 30 amp fuses) then you should probably have someone check your install..it soulds like you may have a minor issue or two...and please set the phase selector to 0 and forget that it even exists..it has NOTHING to due with your problem...and is your ground attached with a screw or is it bolted to bare metal

1996 S-10 Blazer

Kenwood DNX-6140

(2)Kinetik HC2000

(2)US Amps MD3Dv2

US Amps MD42v2

(2)Hertz HL-70 (dash)

(2)Hertz HT-25 (dash)

(2)Hertz SX-380D

I wouldn't completely rule voltage out of the problem :01nocomment8so:

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

I wouldn't completely rule voltage out of the problem :01nocomment8so:

note the ALMOST..lol..thats if its a technically flawless install...i happen to work for a big box right now that sells this amp...i tend to find myself installing a couple of these amps a week...being kenwoods only 1 ohm stable amp..never had ANY issues with voltage..damn sure never blown any fuses unless a customer desided to go full tilt with the gain

1996 S-10 Blazer

Kenwood DNX-6140

(2)Kinetik HC2000

(2)US Amps MD3Dv2

US Amps MD42v2

(2)Hertz HL-70 (dash)

(2)Hertz HT-25 (dash)

(2)Hertz SX-380D