Forevrbumpn Posted February 25, 2010 Author Report Posted February 25, 2010 lol? that came out of nowhere there. is this woofer making you lose your mind a little, lmao jk The new forum look is driving me crazy though.. lol I tried opening the voice coil opening on the frame as much as I could, and I cant open it any more. There are 2 coils that will work for this, the D1 that is pictured, which is 2" ww, and a old Soundstream SPL160 15" D4ohm coil, but that coil is rated about half what the D1 coil is But the Soundstream coil will be perfect, its fits the OD, and ID perfectly, with just perfect excursion, it would just be about a 600-700rms woofer I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
FiBTLforlife Posted February 25, 2010 Report Posted February 25, 2010 The new forum look is driving me crazy though.. lol I tried opening the voice coil opening on the frame as much as I could, and I cant open it any more. There are 2 coils that will work for this, the D1 that is pictured, which is 2" ww, and a old Soundstream SPL160 15" D4ohm coil, but that coil is rated about half what the D1 coil is But the Soundstream coil will be perfect, its fits the OD, and ID perfectly, with just perfect excursion, it would just be about a 600-700rms woofer lol idk nothing about nothing with that stuff, use what you know will work good for me and the sub. no point in using a coil thats 1000rms if you can only put 700rms to it anyway. lol, which a 8'' woofer that can handle 600-700rms is still very nice and will make me happy. as you know, this thing is more towards a show off piece than some spl monster. build the thing and get a vid up, everyones waiting now lol 2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs 1 3500d AQ amp 146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars
Forevrbumpn Posted February 25, 2010 Author Report Posted February 25, 2010 lol idk nothing about nothing with that stuff, use what you know will work good for me and the sub. no point in using a coil thats 1000rms if you can only put 700rms to it anyway. lol, which a 8'' woofer that can handle 600-700rms is still very nice and will make me happy. as you know, this thing is more towards a show off piece than some spl monster. build the thing and get a vid up, everyones waiting now lol I just have to use the D1 flat wire coil pictured... lol The former on the D4 coil doesnt reach the cone off to work.... I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Forevrbumpn Posted February 26, 2010 Author Report Posted February 26, 2010 I found a perfect coil, 1.6"ww, D2ohm, 8 layer, so xmax shouldn't be to extreme. Here are tonite s pics hopefully, if all goes well, vids tomorrow? we will see I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
audiogod9000 Posted February 26, 2010 Report Posted February 26, 2010 O_O WOW thats a beast ok when i said a few weeks back i wanted a Beast 8'' i didn't mean this beasty ok?,lol EAST TEXAS BASS HEAD 4 LIFE EAST TEXAS BASS HEAD 4 LIFE EAST TEXAS BASS HEAD 4 LIFE EAST TEXAS BASS HEAD 4 LIFE EAST TEXAS BASS HEAD 4 LIFE Jeep electronics = Stock (for now) Headunit = VR3 cheapo Speakers = Pioneer and Quantum Audio Sub Amp = Sundown SAE-1200d Sub = Fi SSD 15'' Mid/High amp = Sold my 4ch, Lookin for a new one now.... REFS: Bought From-Twistedchild420 ,J_black10,SojiaRaggs9000,hotshot27, REFS: Sold To- James , sanitarium , qu1cks1lver56, skittlesRgood Offical Audiogod9000 Feedback Audiogod9000's 1997 Jeep Cherokee Country Build
IH8PunkRok Posted February 26, 2010 Report Posted February 26, 2010 epic -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
Forevrbumpn Posted February 26, 2010 Author Report Posted February 26, 2010 hahah.... This is overkill IMO, I couldnt get the suspension stiff enough I dont think If you wanted one, it will be a 2.5" motor I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
FiBTLforlife Posted February 26, 2010 Report Posted February 26, 2010 hahah.... This is overkill IMO, I couldnt get the suspension stiff enough I dont think If you wanted one, it will be a 2.5" motor lmao, 2.5'' is a ladies name. my name is no lady lmao drunk dude alwasy says "miss is a ladies name" at pool hall. inside joke 2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs 1 3500d AQ amp 146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars
dwright27 Posted February 26, 2010 Report Posted February 26, 2010 wtf Thats some sexy shit right thurr. 2006 F-150 4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver XS Power 4 DC 3.5kw Team DC Team S.P.L. Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0 DC Audio Dealer American Bass Dealer XS Power Dealer Audio Technix Dealer
El1T3Bass Posted February 26, 2010 Report Posted February 26, 2010 craziest 8" sub ive ever seen!!!! can wait to see the vids! wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood. here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now? Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.