FiBTLforlife Posted February 26, 2010 Report Posted February 26, 2010 craziest 8" sub ive ever seen!!!! can wait to see the vids! lmao hes gone have a free air vid sometime today possibly. im waiting myself to see 2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs 1 3500d AQ amp 146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars
Rogers Posted February 26, 2010 Report Posted February 26, 2010 is that little woofer going to have to use a split baffle or will it be able to squeeze though the cutout? and what in the world is that motor from? http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774 93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled 2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's 3 Kinetik Hc2000's Dual 200amp alts. you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?
Watch the bass Posted February 26, 2010 Report Posted February 26, 2010 Incredible, nice sub. Another ting incase of the beefie 8 sub side is can create any frims a good 8 flat sub as doorkickers. I saw in the last times think it was a 15 what only was 3.5 inch high here in the forum, that in 8 for the doors. Idk the only flat subs that we here in Germany are chinese cashcropjunk. "in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley
FiBTLforlife Posted February 26, 2010 Report Posted February 26, 2010 is that little woofer going to have to use a split baffle or will it be able to squeeze though the cutout? and what in the world is that motor from? woofer will be mounted inverted. from what ken told me motor is to big to mount regular. my plan was to invert it anyway in the truck while im saving my money for the rest of my amps 2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs 1 3500d AQ amp 146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars
loganberry Posted February 26, 2010 Report Posted February 26, 2010 mmmm she is pretty ken My F-150 Build GET ON THE BANDWAGON what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder hahah jk
Forevrbumpn Posted February 26, 2010 Author Report Posted February 26, 2010 about to free air it dome less in a few the frame ID was so tight, I was only able to throw a couple different coils in there, hope this one does the trick, because I dont want to rebuild this thing I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Forevrbumpn Posted February 27, 2010 Author Report Posted February 27, 2010 I have free air vid's of it, but in the vid sounds horrible, a lot of mechanical noise from the vid, but its hardly audible in person, I think I have learned something doing a 3"- a 3" coil on a subwoofer will not allow you the excursion your really want due to home area you get from the spider If anything, maybe the same spiders, and cone using a 1.25"ww coil to match this top plate, or go down to a 2.5" for better excursion and yes the truck is messy, I haven't driven it really in 5 months or so V93KYaBJoNc _Trf3GLHAJA I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
FiBTLforlife Posted February 27, 2010 Report Posted February 27, 2010 I have free air vid's of it, but in the vid sounds horrible, a lot of mechanical noise from the vid, but its hardly audible in person, I think I have learned something doing a 3"- a 3" coil on a subwoofer will not allow you the excursion your really want due to home area you get from the spider If anything, maybe the same spiders, and cone using a 1.25"ww coil to match this top plate, or go down to a 2.5" for better excursion and yes the truck is messy, I haven't driven it really in 5 months or so V93KYaBJoNc _Trf3GLHAJA lol watched the vid and it looks like the voice coil is a good portion of the cone itself. lol hey atleast it didnt make some weird noice and then just completely seize up..... 2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs 1 3500d AQ amp 146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars
FiBTLforlife Posted March 1, 2010 Report Posted March 1, 2010 damn!!!!!! keep us posted on these suckers!! gone try and get a amp in as soon as i can to reall test the sub out. still thinking of what kind of box to make for it, but leaning to a t-line if it works out in the truck. 2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs 1 3500d AQ amp 146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.