Sonic Electronix

Ok... im really confused on what will be louder?

just ignore me bro... im not in the greatest mood tonight anyways... ive been sick as shit lately and have missed 2 days of work... paychecks going to suck... idk why im being such an asshole...haha... but anyways... any system ive ever heard in an suv was louder than the same equipment in a car

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

I get 14.5 on 105a alternator in my car, the jeep has a 120a and a better battery so how the hell do you figure? lol and the gain isn't cranked its like a pinch above half way >.< seriously guys, you wanna rag on me like a noob go ahead lol

fyi...gain position on an amp has nothing to do with whether it's cranked. it depends on your voltage coming from your RCA's. so if you have a low low signal, turning it a pinch above halfway could be cranking it when matching the signal

I dont need to use an oscope, changed are yes im clipping a little

fyi...in order to tell if you're clipping, an o-scope is the only way to tell

nah gains fine, not worried about it in the least..

fyi...you cant be 100% sure they're fine. damage may not happen right away. i mean they COULD be....but then again (from the sounds of it) it could be causing lil bits of harm at a time

I didnt say I wanst clipping a little

fyi...ummmmm....yes you did. read below

There is NO dirty signal, no distortion

fyi...dirty signal/distortion = clipping

His buddy did the calculations and probably forgot to add in the ~80% efficiency factor that most amps have.... Take away 20% from 600 and you got about 480 watts.

not to mention box rise as well. even less

His buddy did the calculations and probably forgot to add in the ~80% efficiency factor that most amps have.... Take away 20% from 600 and you got about 480 watts.

He could've calculated the voltage by figuring what 600 watts rms at 2 ohms would be.

im barely clipping as it is and like the other dood said my sub is rated @ twice what im clipping it at so it shouldnt harm it, atleast not yet (i plan to get a new amp this summer anyways) and no i appreciat eit, thats the type of stuff I like to hear =] not the negativity without facts and information.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but you don't appreciate info that is negative and w/o facts, yet you are quoting what I said which has no facts behind it. Only difference is what I said is viewed as being more positive to you then what everyone else has been saying.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

^ pwnt

LOL you just "pwnt" yourself by using that word out of gaming context... seriously now...

and rogers dont worry man I've seen u around, u know ur shit for sure and ur very nice and helpful I know what its like to be sick and fucked over by the job man, haha I can admit I was kind of a jerk myself =] I get opinionated when Im defensive:-p

yeah I guess i might have said I wasnt clipping lol that was dumb of me because im pretty sure I am atleast a little... all of my friends turn their gains up 100% with bass bost and loud on for months and years (on lesser quality equipment like walmart subs lol)and they dont break , TBH with the amount of clipping im doing on the type of sub/amp setup I have i dont think ill be looking at a blown speaker in the future, but thats just a guess...

Yes... my friend might not have been spot on with his math lol there ARE a lot of variable indeed. btw I know that oscope only way to tell real clipping , and that a small gain increase can be fatal.. put it this way my gain SHOULD be on half way about, maybe a little less for 28.28 the gain is less then the thickness of a nickel above that mark, honestly i dont think it will harm much and i dont plan on running it like that forever... btw rogers thanks for clarifying , i agree most systems ive heard in suv's get a lot louder.

Edited by jbinn

LoL. This guy is at it again?? Last time he argued and argued, changed his name and argued the SAME EXACT THING as with his other user name. It was about his sub not sounding loud enough and when people told him it was his box, he replies..IT AINT MY FUCKING BOX....just to find out his box was a prefab POS. hahaha.

Funny thing is, he ended his last one with the same thing...consider this topic closed hahah.

You don't want to hear the truth or want real advice from SMD folks, don't ask.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

god damn you guys are tearing this dude apart. come on now give him some credit. he knows how to set his gains with a dmm so he cant be THAT stupid. if he thinks something is one way and doesnt listen the 1st time you tell him different then just let him believe it. he will learn the truth in time (if he is in fact wrong). we have all thought we knew what we were doing at some point and later found out we did it wrong. its just part of the learning process. he got his answer so lets ease up fellas, let the kid breathe.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

LoL. This guy is at it again?? Last time he argued and argued, changed his name and argued the SAME EXACT THING as with his other user name. It was about his sub not sounding loud enough and when people told him it was his box, he replies..IT AINT MY FUCKING BOX....just to find out his box was a prefab POS. hahaha.

Funny thing is, he ended his last one with the same thing...consider this topic closed hahah.

Yeah this guy again, except for it wasn't my box in the end, so you were all wrong... just like you're tearing me apart in this topic... 42hz isnt exactly bad, its not tuned loooow but its not bad for a prefab... The problem was my HU in the last topic with the bass being on -8 when I put it on 0 it made a world of difference. Just like me lol you guys cant accept being wrong... and dude above me for explaining exactly what I was trying to do in a less angry manner :-p yeah I know you guys are smart and know your stuff and have 1000$ systems... but in the end, I also know my stuff without spending the thousands of dollars, I budget my system out to get the best performance I can without breaking it, its real easy to say "set gains where they belong" when your putting out 3000RMS lol, believe me if I could avoid clipping I would, theres no reason for it EXCEPT that my bass hits a lot louder without any loss of quality (from what I can hear and EVERYONE thats heard my system in person_

but yeah im going to bed... and I changed my name last time because u fucktards wouldnt ease up atleast the people in this tpic had the decentcy to apoligize and man up and help me out in the end and did you notice how I relaxed? and took the criticism? saying things nicely goes a loooooong way.

btw... moron, I didnt ask for people to tell me about my system , I asked about SUV vs car SPL lol, so why dont u shaddup?