white4d96 Posted March 2, 2010 Report Posted March 2, 2010 My girlfriend got me a 3-month Live card for Valentine's day. Problem is, I don't have a router to hook up my 360 with. I found a deal on one locally http://racine.craigslist.org/ele/1621985118.html but IDK what I need to look for. I would have to go wireless as our modem and my room are on different floors and opposite sides of the house, and I don't think 150+ feet of ethernet cable is a good idea. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to do this? Too many projects, too little time...
RJEEZY Posted March 2, 2010 Report Posted March 2, 2010 i would snag that up all you need is to buy the wireless port for your xbox there like a 100 bucks though but worth it because online is deff awesome !! MICHIGAN 1990 Trans am Deh-5800= need new one hifonics brutus 1600w Subs=looking what to get??
Baydestrian Posted March 2, 2010 Report Posted March 2, 2010 some say the wireless adapter work good and some don't...eventually I made get it since my connection fails sometimes cuz I run my XBL off my laptop with ethernet and its like 50 ft away from my LT but for some reason my LT gets poor connections at times and I have to shift my LT around still works good though and I didn't have to shell out $100...another thing I have to always test my connection then I can connect to XBL since it runs through my LT and I probably didn't do something right when connecting it since I had to use YT and a guide to set it up through my LT then another guide on how to change the NAT Type from Moderate or w/e to Open 2015 Mazda 6 JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm 2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical
r00k Posted March 2, 2010 Report Posted March 2, 2010 Just for shits and giggles. 200ft CAT5 cable. $20 bucks. Free shipping. Hey, i like wired. NO LAG! http://cgi.ebay.com/200-FT-cat5E-Network-Ethernet-LAN-Cable-CAT5-5E-200ft_W0QQitemZ250542343970QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a557cc722#ht_2345wt_1165 r00k
RJEEZY Posted March 3, 2010 Report Posted March 3, 2010 you need to run all your net works to your router. then you run a cat 5 to your xbox because the wireless adapters dont work that well and they are way to pricey! MICHIGAN 1990 Trans am Deh-5800= need new one hifonics brutus 1600w Subs=looking what to get??
thor184 Posted March 3, 2010 Report Posted March 3, 2010 you need to run all your net works to your router. then you run a cat 5 to your xbox because the wireless adapters dont work that well and they are way to pricey! aka The most important connection on your router is your xbox, can't be gaming with lag. What I'd do is get the modem and router next to your xbox, ethernet cord to the xbox and get wireless adapaters for your computers (15-25ish for a cheapy) If you need any help just send me a pm and I'll help ya out Current System 2 15" dual 2 ohm SunDown Z15s hifonics colossus xxv 0 guage 4 tweeters Pioneer DEH-P4100UB
teamjeffrey Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 yey the only problem with being far from your router is having a week signal which makes you lag or xbox freeze like mine did at one time people who have bought from me Team Bassick (ALPINE) Purplehaze nidus head unit sony dsx-s310btxsubs 2 12 incriminator audio king of basssubs amp incriminator audio 20.1mids/highs mids/highs amp incriminator audio 6.4equalizer clarioncrossover interfirealternator 1 mechman 240ampbattery's xs power 1 d2100 2 d3100sky high car audio 1/0 awg ofc wires memphis car audio 1/0 ofcxs power xs flex 4 awg sky high car audio 8 gauge ofc sky high car audio 12 gauge ofc t spec rca check out my building log http://www.stevemead...frey-build-log/http://www.stevemead...d-other-things/check out audio gear i have for salehttp://www.stevemead...51#entry1595151
corey0928 Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 my wireless adapter thing for my xbox has never had a problem and is definitely worth it.
teamjeffrey Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 yey mine works fine never had a problem and i had this thing 3 to 4 years now people who have bought from me Team Bassick (ALPINE) Purplehaze nidus head unit sony dsx-s310btxsubs 2 12 incriminator audio king of basssubs amp incriminator audio 20.1mids/highs mids/highs amp incriminator audio 6.4equalizer clarioncrossover interfirealternator 1 mechman 240ampbattery's xs power 1 d2100 2 d3100sky high car audio 1/0 awg ofc wires memphis car audio 1/0 ofcxs power xs flex 4 awg sky high car audio 8 gauge ofc sky high car audio 12 gauge ofc t spec rca check out my building log http://www.stevemead...frey-build-log/http://www.stevemead...d-other-things/check out audio gear i have for salehttp://www.stevemead...51#entry1595151
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.