Okay, I have a late 1999 model GMC Denali, registered as a 2000- WTF-

Everyone who has seen my truck, and know GMC/ Chevy/ Escalades knows it looks like a 99'. In 2000 They switch the engine to a 5.3L, 1999 its a 5.7L Vortec- What I have

Interior, all 1999- NOT 2000, completely different

I think I read even the paint was 1999, and quit doing the paint in 2000 on this model

Yet registered as 2000- Production date is 8/99'

I worked in Parts dept for many years with about 4 companies, and all companies I worked at, and as being ASE Parts pro certified, tells me to say the truck is a 2000 when the date code exceeds the 6th month of the production year, so yeah, 2000

Why do I have everything in the truck as 1999?

My headers that came with the truck are for the Chevy 350 Vortec, which the headers are the same from 98' - 2003

CARB# D-216-28 from the model of the header, this works from 98' - 2003

The # on the actual header is D-216-22 illegal for 2000 but not for 1999 because of the 5.7- 99' and the 5.3' - 2000

Anyone else ran in to this issue?

I have an appt at the Ref station tomorrow to get the truck checked out

I have never done this, so I dont know

The Headers are JBA 1832SJT

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

u r in the same boat as 07 GM truck owners. gm made 07 "classics" that were leftover inventory from 06 and the same body as 99+. then they have the "new" 07+ which is the current body style. if you have a 5.7, consider it a '99 no matter what the DMV calls it. the 350 wasn't used past 99. that's when the new LS V8's came in, 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, etc

hope that helps!

Man I'm glad I didn't lock this I get to witness two retards holding hands telling each other that it'll be ok because they are awesome.

Well, I talked to the Ref, and a very good Smog tech out here close by, Iam getting some bad news

Smog goes based on emissions from year to year, no matter what the engine is, basically how it sounds, I can have a v10 in there with 500hp, but as long as the emissions are that of a 2000 with a 5.3liter it should pass

As how it sounds- as long as whatever number they need for smog is also inputed correctly

A 4/94 will be a 1994 until it passes the mid year mark

I called the dealership I bought it from, and no answer, I havent even seen them around lately when I drive by, gates always closed, and locked up

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

you cant smog something with headers iirc. dude asked me if i had any when i smogged mine. now that you mention it. im not sure. you try to smog it or????

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

yeah I tried today, its legal, only if numbers match

my number was a couple numbers off of regulated numbers

I talked to the dealership, and Iam making them pay for new headers

the 99' headers are $550, the 2000 headers are damn $999!!??

the price for ceramic coated headers... ahhhh

sundown.jpg

yeah I tried today, its legal, only if numbers match

my number was a couple numbers off of regulated numbers

I talked to the dealership, and Iam making them pay for new headers

the 99' headers are $550, the 2000 headers are damn $999!!??

the price for ceramic coated headers... ahhhh

what you doin with the old ones????

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/