Wow another Olds Cutlas Cierra build.. Looks clean as hell man.. I hear you about getting stuck in the trunk. I am a rather large guys (fat) lol and I haev been there.

Here are a couple of my first build in mine. I was able to put the back seat in adn roll 4 deep if I wanted. But unlike you I have NO trunk left.

Took and cut out the cross braces to get the box in. Also used the spare tire well to add space to the box.

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0010-3.jpg

DSC_0287.jpg

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

Holy smokes, and here I thought I was using the trunk as a box. You've taken it to the next level. Nice build. A lot of hard work there, good deal. Thanks for looking. If you like what you see give me a vote for March 2010 SOTM. Vote HERE. Thanks for your support.

I dont know if you realize this or not but using your trunk as a box effectively give you around 16.2 ft3 box (the size of the trunk) minus the displacement of the speakers & amps etc.

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

I dont know if you realize this or not but using your trunk as a box effectively give you around 16.2 ft3 box (the size of the trunk) minus the displacement of the speakers & amps etc.

It's a leaky 16.2 ft3 box. On a side note, you have one kick-a$$ Olds there. I got to work on one in auto-tech at the old community college. Those 455's are some sump pulling torque monsters. Nice ride. Thumbs up!

no way we can tell from a youtube video lol. nice work though.

LOL. I know, I'm such a disaster. I wish I knew some one with a meter. I'd post some graphs. That would help members see the system's response. That way, everyone would have an idea of how nice it sounds. Thanks, and thanks for looking.

It's a leaky 16.2 ft3 box. On a side note, you have one kick-a$$ Olds there. I got to work on one in auto-tech at the old community college. Those 455's are some sump pulling torque monsters. Nice ride. Thumbs up!

ty I wish it had a 455 its just a rocket 350 with the intake and heads edelbrock makes for the 455 (they bolt right up). It took me over a year to resto mod it

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

ty I wish it had a 455 its just a rocket 350 with the intake and heads edelbrock makes for the 455 (they bolt right up). It took me over a year to resto mod it

It's looking good. I hope my monte carlo comes together that nice. Keep up the good work.

ive been told only thing a its takes to make a 455 is the heads i could be wrong tho but what ive heard.

It's a little bit more than that. The basic architecture for the Oldsmobile V8 is the same from 350 cubic inches to 455 cubic inches. The block, heads, cam shaft location are the same. The difference comes in crank shaft stroke length and piston bore size. There are advantages to running big flowing heads on small engines. Bottom line its a really nice car.

Archived