Sonic Electronix

Do you think it would be possible that JL installed one coil (or post) wrong and the two coils are fighting each other???

You can test this with a AA battery. Connect it to one coil (battery + to speaker + and battery - to speaker -), see which way the cone moves. Then connect it to the other coil, the cone should move in the same direction.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

funny thing is that they wont believe me, i gurantee when i call them tomorrow they will say its my fault if they cant do anything im just gonna throw it away or sell it cheap

2 JL W7's @ 1.5ohms - SOLD

Soundstream PCX2000D - SOLD

Yellow top Optima - SOLD

Stock Alt

148db @ 36hz

funny thing is that they wont believe me, i gurantee when i call them tomorrow they will say its my fault if they cant do anything im just gonna throw it away or sell it cheap

Fixmyspeaker.com

He can fix any speaker other than the JL 13w7, so since its a 12 he can help. David does great work and they work better than stock when he's done. Get ahold of him and explain your problem and see what he thinks.

97 Maxima SE

whats the sense of getting recone by him when my other sub is fine, mitched match subs?

I thought maybe you could get some information from him to use when you spoke with JL. But either way, if JL isn't going to do anything for you, that puts you in spot where you have about 3 choices.

1 - Pay JL for ANOTHER recone which they may screw up again

2 - Buy another sub

3 - Have someone else recone it, but yes, you will probably would like to have them both done. I haven't checked Dave's prices, but I bet he could do both of yours for the price JL charges for one and they will handle more power and sound better.

97 Maxima SE

Good luck in court.. This company is going to be advise by private lawyers. Unless you know the law, it's not going to go well for you. Best bet in your case report them to the BBB> If there not members call your credit card company and request a stop payment on the charge due to the fact that they did not hold up to there end of bargain. MasterCard and Visa back there card members up if you are getting jack around.... Most of the time the seller will give in and refund your money because they don't want credit card companies all up in there billing department!

HU: Kenwood KDC-MP745U.

Sub: AQ HDC 15

Amp: Hifonics BXi 1610D for sub, ZXi 6410 for mids highs

Speakers: 6.5 premium MB Quarts components,6.5 MB Quart premium coaxial back doors

Wiring: KLMX Kable 1/0g for Big 3.Double up 4g from battery to trunk...for now.

Big 3: YUP!

Battery: Shuriken SK-BT35 to the trunk.

Randoms: Flush mounted Stinger blue digital voltmeter. Flush mounted Memphis 7band EQ- 16-EQ50. phoenix gold 2 channel line driver.

12w7s only have ONE coil..... and its a single 3ohm...same as the 8w7 and 10w7 the 13w7 is the only one to have two voicecoils and they are dual 3ohm.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Archived