Sonic Electronix

Can i port through the rear deck of my car?

we did a 73 impala a LONG time ago where we cut 4 6x9s in his rear deck..... he came back a few months ago to get some subs and an amp installed and we cut 2 extra 6x9 holes and mounted just the grilles.... so in his back deck, it looks like 6 6x9s, but only 4 are actual speakers and the other 2 are "ports"...... it made a HUGE difference.......

16942_1226164326731_1007700061_30566043_1350982_n.jpg

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

and you gotta have skill/power to get those results

yea no doubt ...... was using that as an example though.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

are you trying to put a regular ported box in the trunk and just have an open hole in the rear deck or are you trying to put the port of the box through the rear deck? the later ive heard is supposed to get good results. the best way is to make your box with port and subs forward with the face of the box sealed off from the trunk. porting through the rear deck might be the second loudest way.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

A bandpass is recommendable if your doing this. It will definitely be louder if your seats wont fold down, but if they do then thats probably better.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Archived