Sonic Electronix

Can stock electrical handle 1500 watts rms

Can an 2007 hyndai sonatas stock electrical handle 1500 watts rms, with upgrading to the big 3 and putting extra battery in the trunk with 1/0 wiring all throughout?

That is not stock electrical bro. And depending on the size of the second battery, you should be fine. An alternator is ideal.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

What kinda battery are you planning on getting? i would not run more then 900 watts on a stock electrical, even if the big 3 was done. just waay to much stress on the alt.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

get us some stats on that battery bro and we'll let you know but probably not. a 2 battery setup is very dangerous with a stock alternator. it is most certainly not designed to charge 2 stock batteries, let alone high performance ones.

I ran 15 batteries and approximately 13kw on a Hyundai Getz with a stock alt. I'm sure you'll be fine with roughly a 10th of that power.

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I ran 15 batteries and approximately 13kw on a Hyundai Getz with a stock alt. I'm sure you'll be fine with roughly a 10th of that power.

Is that good for daily? I thought we need a better than stock charging system to keep the supply to our batteries even using relatively lower power than 13,000 watts...

edit:better than stock charging

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

15 batteries is hardly stock and i dont see how buying a high output alternator is a ridiculous upgrade

Is that good for daily? I thought we need a better than stock charging system to keep the supply to our batteries even using relatively lower power than 13,000 watts...

edit:better than stock charging

It was terrible for daily but that fact is that it worked. Unless you drive around playing sine waves you'll find your amp pulls like 1/10th of the current it does at full tilt most of the time. Seriously. I daily drove a ~5kw system with 2 batteries and a stock 90A alt for like, 2 years. Never ran the batteries flat once, and that included extended periods slamming on it at idle. Sure your voltage is a bit crazy but honestly, it doesn't matter that much. People here seem to get devastated by like, 0.3v drop, when I dare say they would never hear the difference if you quietly changed their alt so it always made 0.3v less and then turned up their volt gauge.

Volts are like frame rates in computer games - it's not until you stop looking that you realise they don't really mean shit to 99% of people.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived