Second Skin Audio

Blowthrough box.. in a car

kmalinich

I'm subscribing to this one because this will be my next build.

That video posted is EXACTLY what I want to do but I'll have to cut the seats.

I was thinking 4th order myself.

Since it applies to OPs post, where would a good repo of information be for 4th orders?

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

i'm curious too.. and i'm thinking 4th order is the only way to go because that way you don't deal with loosing the interaction with the cone in the cabin

Yea in your case you have only a few options, fourth order through the arm rest hole (i know exactly what your talking about), or through the rear deck. Or ive heard of some people cutting the rear deck completely out for room for the air to flow through and just using a reg ported box. While the last option might not be ideal, getting a four order completely right, its hard to say the least and rarely goes right the first time.

good luck either way

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

i wish someone on here had done it already ... i don't wanna be the guinea pig.. lol

i'd be one hell of a build thread tho..

is there someone who's an authority on building 4th orders bandpasses?

We did this in a BMW 5 series:

2 DD3512's fired forwards in a psuedo-6th order.

Basically we built a wall in the trunk at the suspension pillars with a hole the shape of the box. Then we slide in a normal ported box. The chamber created between the seat and the box was completely sealed with expanding foam and sound deadening and a couple of bits of MDF.

This 'chamber' 'vents' through the arm rest... all pressure from the cones and ports goes forwards. Sounds pretty good. Nil trunk rattle too which is nice.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

this is a cool idea, i always wanted to try this. i think ported running at 29 hurts is great. gotta love the lows.

oh yeah. the best is the faces of kids when they're in my car ... after all they've heard is Bassworx ported boxes tuned to 60Hz... then I play Bass I Love you.. and their hair flies up and they're clothes move...

they all say.. "yeah, your's is loud.. but k-dice's car is lowwww"

i know its not exactly what you were thinking, but check out my buildlog. i did 4 8's along my back deck with the port in the armrest. if for nothing else you have some pics and such of how someone else did it. only difference between me and you is where the subs were mounted.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

i know its not exactly what you were thinking, but check out my buildlog. i did 4 8's along my back deck with the port in the armrest. if for nothing else you have some pics and such of how someone else did it. only difference between me and you is where the subs were mounted.

i looked through a lot of your stuff (great build btw - i loved the big door pods lol)

but i couldnt find the posts about the 4 8s with the armrest port.

link me prettyplease?

Archived