Rockford vs. Kicker

Sidekicker

I am working on getting all of my parts together to start my stereo build and im having some trouble choosing which speakers i want. Its between the kicker KS series and the Rockford Punch series. Im going to have 4 4" speakers, and 2 6x9" speakers. I have heard good things about the rockford speakers, but from what i have seen the kickers have better ratings. Im not completely sure but these will most likely be powered by a US amps MD42. So the 6x9's would each get about 75w, and each pair of 4" would get about 90w (since they would be wired down to 2 ohm).

ive had the ks series and the midbass lacked and the highs were harsh as hell but they did get loud, so that being said id take the fosgate over them anyday, ive heard the punch ones and they sounded great, i personally run power mids and they are sweet

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Ditto, ive had kickers and they were pretty harsh. I just bought a set of the RF and they do sound good. I dont have them amped yet though.

I gotta agree. I also had the KS series and they sucked..

2003 Mercury Marauder Black (R.I.P)

Tinted Windows

Purple HID's 10000K

Fog Light HID's 10000K

Swi Jack Steering Wheel Controls

Apple I-Pod Classic 80GB

Alpine KCE-422i Full Speed I-Pod Cable

Alpine IVA-W203/P1 Navigation/Bluetooth

Alpine PKG-M780 7' Headrest Screens

Alpine PXA-H701 Sound Processor

Alpine MRP-F300 4 Channel Amp

Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Power Amp

2 Kicker L7 15' Solo Barics

Alpine Type R SPR-17S Component's

Alpine Type R SPR-57C Coaxial's

Monster Performance RCA's

0/2 Gauge Wires

BIG III W/Fuse

200 Amps Custom Built Alternator

Yellow Cap Optima Battery Front

Xstatic Batcap 800 Back

Custom Mounted Bass Knob

LED's 2x License & Trunk Light

BoYo VTK-350 Color Backup Camera

Dynamat Xtreme Front Doors & Rear Deck

Clifford Matrix 50.7X Alarm System/Remote Start

I still have the KS690's in my front doors and I bought them because of how the highs sounded, I have a lot of bass so I liked how loud those highs got. But the rf punch do sound a lot better overall and my ks690's have begun to take a crap on me :/

i've never heard the ks kickers but i've heard others and wasn't impressed, i like my older punch components, nice midbass.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

i ran the power 4in's, they're only a few dollars more than the punches and are quite a bit beefier. in all honesty though, why would you use them? the midbass/bass/mids sucked because its only a 4 in speaker.

i'd go rockford if i had the choice between that and kicker. jbl power 4's are head and shoulders above both though imo. hell, their 6x9 is possibly better than the rockford (and its 2 ohm, so more power)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Archived