This is my project that i have been working on for a little bit now and finally decided to post up the build. I bought this Suburban for $300. It has some rust and the engine had a blown head gasket. Ended up when we pulled the engine apart the heads were rusted like crazy. After a lot of cleaning and some new parts the engine is back together and ready to go back in the truck. But before the engine goes back in i am bagging the truck to lay all the way around. Process of finishing it has been slow lately have a lot going on and short on funds. Here are pics of the progress i have made so far.

When i first got it.

Picture003.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Started tearing it down. Running boards removed, drip rails removed.

Picture001.jpg

Front end apart and engine out.

Picture0202.jpg

Start of the air ride.

Relocated body mounts.

GEDC0846.jpg

Notched, boxed in frame, parallel 4link, cross supports, shock brackets and bag brackets all on.

GEDC0848.jpg

GEDC0852.jpg

GEDC0853.jpg

Cross member cut to arch it over the drive shaft.

GEDC0862.jpg

Tucking?

GEDC0859.jpg

Still have to finish modifying crossmember, carrier bearing, z the frame and section the front cross member then just bag the front. Then weld in the tubs for the rear.

A couple of the goodies i picked up. I have all the air ride. These are just my favorite pieces.

AVS Push Button switch box, not sure if im going to use it yet.

GEDC0986.jpg

12 Gallon tank with all my valves and silencers mounted. Just sprayed it black.

GEDC0989.jpg

New Air Zenith OB2 Compressor.

GEDC0983.jpg

Well havent been doing much work on the air ride lately so i started on making the door panels.

Rings, rings, and more rings. I hate cutting rings. (2) 10", (2) 8", (12) 6", (6) 3".

GEDC1148.jpg

ouhh.jpg

Base shape cut out.

GEDC1149.jpg

Roughly how i want it.

GEDC1151.jpg

Right Rear door mocked up.

GEDC1156.jpg

Right Rear door wrapped ready to glass.

GEDC1179.jpg

Right Rear door ready to glass and Left Rear door mocked up.

GEDC1180.jpg

Thats all i have for now. I will try to keep updated on what i get done. Let me know what you think so far. Thanks for checking it out.

Looks like its really shaping up... What kind of bags are you going to runa and what size wheels are you going to end up going with???

Last question, on that switch box, those buttons look like Momentary push buttons, vs the normal rockers I see folks using for Juice or air....

Hows each work?

NRA - Patron Lifetime Member

'"the right of the people to keep andand bear arms shall not be infringed"

Looks like its really shaping up... What kind of bags are you going to runa and what size wheels are you going to end up going with???

Last question, on that switch box, those buttons look like Momentary push buttons, vs the normal rockers I see folks using for Juice or air....

Hows each work?

Thanks. Im running RE7's up front and RE8's in the rear. I really only want to run a 20, thats all we set the rear up to lay on. Im planning on keeping the ac which is the main reason and i just wanna keep it clean.

Yea they are momentary push buttons. It is really only made for a 4 valve setup for front and back but i am running 8 valves but still only front and back, 8 so there isnt much body roll when turning. Its just two buttons for up (front, back) and two for down (front, back) then i guess you can just put the other as pancake or whatever.

Archived