New Kicker Solo Classics

ive heard all 3 subs each in its 10 12 and 15" version, each on their rated RMS in both single and dual set ups, each in their required space sealed AND ported

cvr loses in sq and spl to both the classic and cvx.. "ok" entry level sub though

classic is a so-so sub, it sounds alright and gets plenty loud.. good sub to go with if you just want a mellow system, good sub to get if you want better than cvr but dont have the money to run cvx

cvx gets the loudest of all of them (im running 2 12s - vids in sig, also check my build) and doesnt sound too bad SQ wise, sounds great on the lows when tuned low, the 15s get loud, but i prefer the 12s.. guess they sound better

edit:

the classic did sound the best when they were all sealed, cvx kills all ported

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13

Well I'm switching out the 06 L7s for them, Same amount of power as before.

I think I will preffer them over the rest of the line up and I'm I'm thinking they really might go toe to toe with the 06 L7 with better sound quaility.

Unless you know something I don't know, They should not be used ported.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

well the l7 is a junk over-all sub anyways... my 2 12 cvx got louder than 2 15 l7 on 2 bxi1210ds which is about 1k per sub on my 1200 total

if your looking to get better than the l7s i would go with the cvx for over-all performance, will do good in 4 cubes ported, or the classics in about 3-4 sealed

Team Sundown Audio

I'm a sealed kind of man my man.

I have made L7s sound unbeleivably exceptional. I have no interest in the CVX but thank you.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

I'm a sealed kind of man my man.

I have made L7s sound unbeleivably exceptional. I have no interest in the CVX but thank you.

well even kicker will tell you the cvx is an over all better sub compared to the l7

Team Sundown Audio

• 3 weeks later...

I called kicker and they told me 1.25 cuft per box, 1/2 poly fill and shove the sub in it. Well trying to get that small sucked, and I left out the pollyfill, think I wound up with 1.34cuft in each chamber. this in the back of a 1994 towncar, pushed off a ap1800.1 and a kentick 1800. sounds clear and clean, Its not 2 cvx's, or L7's but I was pretty happy with them. this was a little day long, cheap install.

l_7efe271d897a46759563f811f8c1eba0.jpg

the sub box is barley bigger then the sub surrounds, like 1/8th of a inch. the rest is just trim panels to hide wires/battery, and look a bit built in

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

I called kicker and they told me 1.25 cuft per box, 1/2 poly fill and shove the sub in it. Well trying to get that small sucked, and I left out the pollyfill, think I wound up with 1.34cuft in each chamber. this in the back of a 1994 towncar, pushed off a ap1800.1 and a kentick 1800. sounds clear and clean, Its not 2 cvx's, or L7's but I was pretty happy with them. this was a little day long, cheap install.

l_7efe271d897a46759563f811f8c1eba0.jpg

the sub box is barley bigger then the sub surrounds, like 1/8th of a inch. the rest is just trim panels to hide wires/battery, and look a bit built in

But how did it sound is the big question?

I'm thinking about dropping down to 2000 watts instead of 3,000 watts.

Terryswork001.png

well the l7 is a junk over-all sub anyways... my 2 12 cvx got louder than 2 15 l7 on 2 bxi1210ds which is about 1k per sub on my 1200 total

if your looking to get better than the l7s i would go with the cvx for over-all performance, will do good in 4 cubes ported, or the classics in about 3-4 sealed

well even kicker will tell you the cvx is an over all better sub compared to the l7

Its simple man very simple.

I run what I want to run because it is what I want to run. Thats it.

Terryswork001.png

[/quote

you can tell its 2-15's It shakes the interior of the car, It damn near blows the trunk off. It sounds super clean. Its not enough to take your breath, but more then enough to make you nose itch.With a bit of break in, and some more tuning, I can get alot more out of it, the h/u in the car sucks ass.Pretty sure Ill be porting the rear deck, and amping the highs in the near future, all the rear deck/seat padding is still in the car. It was alot more then I expected for a tiny ass box. The last time I used the solo classics, 2-12 went in pre fabs under the rear seat of a 2006 dodge ram quad cab, and I was happy with them. The next build will be 3-15in solo classics in a 2007 jeep grand cherokee off a ap3000.1. I think I would compare them to L5's but not sloppy, better then a cvr, but not quite a cvx.

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

[/quote

you can tell its 2-15's It shakes the interior of the car, It damn near blows the trunk off. It sounds super clean. Its not enough to take your breath, but more then enough to make you nose itch.With a bit of break in, and some more tuning, I can get alot more out of it, the h/u in the car sucks ass.Pretty sure Ill be porting the rear deck, and amping the highs in the near future, all the rear deck/seat padding is still in the car. It was alot more then I expected for a tiny ass box. The last time I used the solo classics, 2-12 went in pre fabs under the rear seat of a 2006 dodge ram quad cab, and I was happy with them. The next build will be 3-15in solo classics in a 2007 jeep grand cherokee off a ap3000.1. I think I would compare them to L5's but not sloppy, better then a cvr, but not quite a cvx.

Thanks man. I'm excited as hell to hear mine and not to many people have voiced their opinions on how they sound.

I still thank I'm going to be happier with these than the CVX and I don't know a damn thing about the Comp VX yet. (Yes they are 2 different woofers.)

Thank you for your input man.

Terryswork001.png

Archived