Blackedout's DAT 08 Civic SI trunk rebuild UPDATES 10/15/2011 NEW VID!

whatcha going to do with that 9886 and eq?

;)

Gonna sit on it for now. I still dunno if I like the JVC or not. I'm not really partial to any brands.... If it works well, it works well. I'm in the market for some 12s though, know anyone whos got a pair of 12s that'll take around 3k all day? Regardless of what the amp puts out...

• 7 months later...

Nah.. LOL. Its still beatin, just waiting on some money for a few things here and there so I can rebuild. Got a bunch of ideas and a bunch of money into it already. Changed out my zapco components for some selenium speakers. Added a 7 band EQ to the double din. It has been working out real nice for a year.... The only big thing I really have to get is some subs... If you read the thread, you already know I'm gonna try out some DC audio subs... I'm thinking a couple 12" level 4xls.

• 3 months later...

Nice and clean man. The only thing I'd suggest is Carlon for the power wire under the car. That stuff is just as indestructible as pvc and you can flex it anywhere. Also you can go all the way to the hole with a weatherproof connector vs leaving the wire exposed at all. Check out my thread on 8th and you'll see what I did. But the next build I'm getting ready for is gonna have two, one on each side, and it's gonna go down the frame rail instead of the outside rail. I found the outsides get beat up a little bit. You never know if you hit a rock or something what's gonna destroy it at 80 mph. More to the center next to the frame is probably a better spot. I do like it though. I was planning a forward facing sub application, I've had IB before as I think you've seen, and so the trunk is sealed up completely already. It's just a matter of how to do it.

I do like the carlon Idea. I even looked into it at the time, but the price was high. I saw your build, even built an infinite baffle setup before this one. Performance wasn't where I was hoping it to be though. My reasoning toward PVC was just to keep the cost down. Going on almost a year and a half now, only thing that has happened under there so far is the zip ties have started to weather, and I've checked both sides. My biggest thing was fusing it up properly, and building a safe system. The system is fused at the front, back, and before all of the amps.

I think this thread is about due for some updates. Selenium door speakers went in, Selenium tweeters went in, glassed kick panels went in. Double din went in. EQ mounted on the center console. Other than that, not much has changed.

Archived