Blackedout's DAT 08 Civic SI trunk rebuild UPDATES 10/15/2011 NEW VID!

The top, left and right sides, and bottom were screwed together from the inside of the box. The front and back baffle were screwed on from the outside of the box. That was suitable for this application because the box didn't take up the whole trunk, we still had some wiggle room.

Box is 32.5" wide.

Airflow might be affected, but the box design will place more of an impact on the way the system performs than the cleats.

In the volume calculator, throw .2 for cleats. You'll be fine

The top, left and right sides, and bottom were screwed together from the inside of the box. The front and back baffle were screwed on from the outside of the box. That was suitable for this application because the box didn't take up the whole trunk, we still had some wiggle room.

Box is 32.5" wide.

Airflow might be affected, but the box design will place more of an impact on the way the system performs than the cleats.

Cool thanks. That saves me from doing a lot of math. But is there really a bad box design, or are they really not that hard to mess up. Is a center port (between the subs) a bad design?

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Box is 32.5" wide.

Cool thanks. That saves me from doing a lot of math. But is there really a bad box design, or are they really not that hard to mess up. Is a center port (between the subs) a bad design?

Yes and no.

Yes there are bad box designs. When it comes down it it, designing a box and meeting the specifications of your equipment is the difference between having an average system and a system that slams. A Center port isn't a bad design. A lot of the time in a trunk build, you're limited to what configurations you can fit. You have to put some time into designing the best box suited for your trunk.

• 2 weeks later...

I work for aura sound, and I wanted to know how you like our NS-15's

I have a pair of 12's in mine (when my Zv3's aren't) and we are going to install 4 18's in a wall soon. We want to put aura into the car scene and provide some clean sounding subs back into the market.

Clean install BTW :D

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

• 2 weeks later...

Love the clean build man great work but unfortuntely it seems like trunk systems on this site is like the norm so don't think u'll see that much love unless you hitting like 150-155+ db from the trunk idk y. But great stuff. i have a question i was thinking of getting the exact car 2 door civic si coupe but i need to know do there trunk seem big enough to hold a 18inch sub (box built in the trunk ofcourse)? and can u give me the max height width and depth of the trunk i tryna fite a 6cuft box in it

Love the clean build man great work but unfortuntely it seems like trunk systems on this site is like the norm so don't think u'll see that much love unless you hitting like 150-155+ db from the trunk idk y. But great stuff. i have a question i was thinking of getting the exact car 2 door civic si coupe but i need to know do there trunk seem big enough to hold a 18inch sub (box built in the trunk ofcourse)? and can u give me the max height width and depth of the trunk i tryna fite a 6cuft box in it

Thanks man.

18" Sub shouldn't be too hard.

22" high, 32" Wide, and probably about 30-34" long would be your max dimensions. I haven't been back there with a tape measure in years though.

Thanks man.

22" high, 32" Wide, and probably about 30-34" long would be your max dimensions. I haven't been back there with a tape measure in years though.

ok great soundas like im getting a si civic. have you ever metered your sub bro

Thanks man.

ok great soundas like im getting a si civic. have you ever metered your sub bro

Last I metered, it did a 141. 139 on music.

If I rebuilt, it probably wouldn't be too hard to squeeze a 145 out of it. Would definitely advise you to go sub and port forward.

I have more money in gear waiting to go into the car than I have in the car now. My priorities have changed at the moment though. Wouldn't mind selling the car to be honest with you.

Yeah port forward sub froward and sealed off is the original plan yeah and i would definately buy your car but im in The Bahamas so that dampers things that would cost a small child's life to get that from you to me. Why you selling cause its stick aye or fact that its 2 door ?

Yeah port forward sub froward and sealed off is the original plan yeah and i would definately buy your car but im in The Bahamas so that dampers things that would cost a small child's life to get that from you to me. Why you selling cause its stick aye or fact that its 2 door ?

Want to sell because I want a truck.

Got a couple things going on though. If plans fall into place, I'll be working in San Francisco after graduating college. Not really practical to drive a car that you care about or a car that is lowered in San Francisco. There will be a point where my career provides me with a company vehicle, but until that point this car isn't the most practical.

Archived