Sonic Electronix

I'm putting my cd player in my ranger for right now until I get a permanent ride. Is there anyway to make the clip things to pull out the stock head unit? They were $5 for a pair of bent metal things at walmart and I didn't have enough money on me to buy itafter buying the installation shit.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

clothes hanger FTW

my explorer had the same one i just took the whole dash bezel off then pulledi t out but i used a clothes hanger in lil bros taurus

Do I just notch it with a dremel or something?

I dont think so, i had a buddy who worked at CC and he had a box full of those keys to take out the stock h/u's. Iono maybe you might be able to use a small screwdriver. Just dont break nothin

and I'm not going to break anything, because if I happen to get a new vehicle I'm going to return it to stock.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

clothes hanger FTW

my explorer had the same one i just took the whole dash bezel off then pulledi t out but i used a clothes hanger in lil bros taurus

x2 my stang was the same

I'll do this up tomorrow I think I'm going to wire the head unit to the plug right now. Thanks for the quick feedback! I'll let you know how it turns out ;)

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I totally didn't live up to my word, forgot to let you know how it turned out. Well I made some ford removal things, they wouldn't pull it all the way out so I got ticked, and took off two bolts above the heater controls and pulled that entire plate off and walla.

resizedum5.jpg

also the ford rear speakers kept bottoming out, so I cut out the original hole a little bit and squeezed pioneer 4way 6x9's in there

Edited by BassJunkie

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

just cut 2 pieces of cloths hanger 8"'s long, bend them in a U shape and put them in the factory holes. use a small screw driver to get the radio started out of the dash. once you get it started it should slide right out with no problem.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

just cut 2 pieces of cloths hanger 8"'s long, bend them in a U shape and put them in the factory holes. use a small screw driver to get the radio started out of the dash. once you get it started it should slide right out with no problem.

Tried that, but it was like stuck on the antenna or something

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps