Bump!!!!!!!!!More people need to see this and your fucking amazing wood working skills. I can't say enough how proud I am of you on how this box turned out. I know that you said your not sure that it's a 150 off the power that you have, but I can guarantee you that it is going to do that and then some. If you could give me a day of tuning with it I can bet that you won't be able to stop smiling when we're done getting the van dialed in.I just wish I had my own meter to do that with. Oh well I'm sure that if you come to Slam Session we can do some work to it and get it louder with some meter time. Also the fact that we have plans for a second 3500 in it for the show :DGet to work and finish this damn thing so I can nominate your ass for April System of the Month.I called it first to nominate him damnit and if anyone else steals my nomination I'm gonna be pissed :ban2: I mean I did do the design after all, I should at least get to nominate him :good:

First off, thanks again Zach for all your help and for all the compliments, actually thanks to everybody for all the compliments! I just did my best and I'm glad that people like what I've done so far :) It is in no way done, I've got some plans for the front stage right after I get the amp rack built, trim panels made, and everything final sanded and painted. I will get to work asap, unfortunately a dislocated shoulder is keeping me from working right now. But I'm getting fed up with it and at this point I really want to say fuck it and get to work.

What is the exact date for Slam Session? If you are willing to put me up at your place, I am willing to come a day or two early to get this bitch tuned and help you with anything I can with your car. Let me know if that interests you.

where is the vid of my truck? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl5ddOarZ84

Happy now? :P Sorry it's short, didn't have alot of footage :(

Now for a update, got my HID's from HIDConcept installed. They seem great, I'll get nighttime/before/after pix real soon.

SDC11608.jpg

SDC11609.jpg

I'm gonna have to do something about those side markers now :P

Blurry Vision - Check.

Tapout on Demos - Check.

Hard to breathe - Check.

Gorilla Flex - Check.

150+ db???? - Check. :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Blurry Vision - Check.

Tapout on Demos - Check.

Hard to breathe - Check.

Gorilla Flex - Check.

150+ db???? - Check. :D

Let's hope you're right buddy :D BTW I used your gain/crossover setting tracks the other night and they were great, That tweeter test one gave me goosebumps, it was sexy ;)

That box is sexi!

Thank you :) hopefully soon we can get some paint on her

VAN LOOKING GOOD ..............I THINK I SAW THAT XTERRA AT SBN.....

Thanks bro! Yeah the Xterra's got a nice clean install and it gets loud too :)

Very nice work micahmye! :drinks: I see you used my old 3/0 I sent ya for the saz3500!I bet that amp is loving that vs the standard 1/0 :yahoo: Vid looks pretty dope too! nice panel flexage!! hahaGet that alt on yet?

Thanks dude! Yeah that 3/0 is beastly, I was gonna use it as a alt ground but decided that it'd be better used on the 3500 :D

That's weird that you ask, just got the alt on TODAY! So far I think its a lot better. I can play Air Forces full tilt and only drop to 14.2~ Before with my EA I'd be at 13.5~ Haven't calmped it yet, surprisingly I clamped my EA at 207 at idle, hopefully the DC Power one can do close to that or better :D

Today when I finished I found out that my charging system light does work ;) Should I just take out the bulb or did you have a solution to fix that?

And some pix!

Thanks to Brian (audiofanaticz) for this!

SDC10854.jpg

Dramatic thinking shot :P

SDC11627.jpg

DC Power 270sp on the left and Excessive Amperage 300A on the right

SDC11629.jpg

SDC11630.jpg

SDC11631.jpg

Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Bulbs

SDC10453.jpg

HIDConcept 8k HID's, Thanks Derrick for posting up the discount code for these!

SDC11637.jpg

SDC11639.jpg

Low Beam

SDC11635.jpg

High Beam

SDC11636.jpg

Got the alt installed today but it was dark when I get it in so I'll get pix lata! Will have a comparison vid with the EA up soon.

Thanks bro! Yeah the Xterra's got a nice clean install and it gets loud too :)

Thanks dude! Yeah that 3/0 is beastly, I was gonna use it as a alt ground but decided that it'd be better used on the 3500 :D

That's weird that you ask, just got the alt on TODAY! So far I think its a lot better. I can play Air Forces full tilt and only drop to 14.2~ Before with my EA I'd be at 13.5~ Haven't calmped it yet, surprisingly I clamped my EA at 207 at idle, hopefully the DC Power one can do close to that or better :D

Today when I finished I found out that my charging system light does work ;) Should I just take out the bulb or did you have a solution to fix that?

And some pix!

Thanks to Brian (audiofanaticz) for this!

Got the alt installed today but it was dark when I get it in so I'll get pix lata! Will have a comparison vid with the EA up soon.

Glad you likey!! I miss it, but my new guy should be here tomorrow iirc :)

As for the sense wire, do which ever you think would be easiest. the alt will charge and work normal (it just turns the battery light on like i said).

You can goto the junkyard, and find a plug with the sense wire, and just swap plugs (think I pulled mine off of a malibu).

Or you can just put a pin and wire in your current plug.

If you deciede to hook up the sense wire, just get a 14-16gauge wire, put it in the sense (S) spot on the plug, and run it to a 12volt source (it dont have to be ignition switched, constant will work fine).

I know when I clamped the alt, I just used a cheap Craftsman Professional Clamp, but it was true RMS and had peak hold and does a decent job for $40 on ebay. :)

Your fluke 337 is sure nice! :trippy:

Archived