Glad you likey!! I miss it, but my new guy should be here tomorrow iirc :)

As for the sense wire, do which ever you think would be easiest. the alt will charge and work normal (it just turns the battery light on like i said).

You can goto the junkyard, and find a plug with the sense wire, and just swap plugs (think I pulled mine off of a malibu).

Or you can just put a pin and wire in your current plug.

If you deciede to hook up the sense wire, just get a 14-16gauge wire, put it in the sense (S) spot on the plug, and run it to a 12volt source (it dont have to be ignition switched, constant will work fine).

I know when I clamped the alt, I just used a cheap Craftsman Professional Clamp, but it was true RMS and had peak hold and does a decent job for $40 on ebay. :)

Your fluke 337 is sure nice! :trippy:

Now that you mention it I remember you telling me about that before, I'll run that wire and modify the plug.

I haven't clamped her yet but voltage is quite a bit better. I've got the vid done just need to edit it together and I'll have it up.

I love my 337 bro, but I can understand that spending $200+ for a clamp meter can be kinda ridicules. I'll let you know what she reads at idle.

Very Nice build.. i cant believe i actually read the whole thread hahaha :D

Thanks! Haha, I find myself doing that alot! You'll get to the end of the thread and look at the page count and you're like "that was X amount of pages long?!" :)

nice build man great job on the box have you been able to get on the tl at all

Thanks man! I haven't been on the TL yet but I plan on going to Slam Session in NC in the end of April and I will get on the TL then :D

Bro,Love that Box....Great job.... :drinks:

Thanks brah! :drinks:

Got some goodies in the mail! :)

SDC11641.jpg

SDC11643.jpg

SDC11644.jpg

Off with this

SDC11645.jpg

And on with this

SDC11648.jpg

Only got one on tonight, I should have the other on tomorrow :)

Oh happy day! Those will do the trick for sure! lol. They look like total beasts under there. Thanks for the pic too. Look pretty straight forward as how to install.

You gives us a write-up on how she drives afterward??? :popcorn:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

You gives us a write-up on how she drives afterward??? :popcorn:

The van handled like SHIT before, I would give it a 1 out 10 handling wise. Now with the bags it handles say 5 out of 10. What a difference a stiff rear suspension can make. The body swing (Colin you should know what I mean :) ) is down to a minimum now where before I drove fucking slow just to avoid swaying from side to side, now I can drive her like I please which is sweet! Acceleration is better too because before the whole body would shift backwards before picking up now its nice and quick to accelerate :D Bumps are better too! Some of the best $300 dollars I put in the van yet!

Got a little work done tonight

SDC11649.jpg

SDC11650.jpg

SDC11651.jpg

SDC11653.jpg

Mock up on where amps will go, I've got a few tricks up my sleeve for that ;)

SDC11652.jpg

all the ugly 2x4's will be covered with MDF, then comes paint!

Almost forgot my alt comparison vid, I am in no way payed to do this just wanted to show the difference mainly so people don't waste their money on EA like I did.

I previously clamped the EA at 155amps at idle and once at 207 at idle also; the 207 may have been a one time fluke though, that's kind of high for a EA alt at idle :) I have yet to clamp the DC power alt but I am willing to bet that it kicks the EA's ass :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTR96_E8Tec

dc definitely kicks ea's ass haha. the ea had hella voltage drop and the dc just brushed it off

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Archived