hell yea buddy.

now get your ass out there and do some more work ...

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

hell yea buddy.

now get your ass out there and do some more work ...

Just for you buddy I went back to work and got some more done.

Got the bracing finished

SDC11519.jpg

Cut all ports to correct length and cemented all but the last joint together

SDC11520.jpg

SDC11521.jpg

That's all for tonight :D

Looks good. After seeing how you did the threaded rod I think that the 2X4's should have went long ways across the box and not the way that they are. It's not going to hurt anything at all and will offer good bracing, but you can see across the box where you could not brace from top to bottom because the threaded rod would hit the ports. I wasn't sure at the time when you first did it and wasn't going to say anything about it until I saw it for sure. You could still cut some to go long ways and piece them in between where you have the one's already mounted.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Looks good. After seeing how you did the threaded rod I think that the 2X4's should have went long ways across the box and not the way that they are. It's not going to hurt anything at all and will offer good bracing, but you can see across the box where you could not brace from top to bottom because the threaded rod would hit the ports. I wasn't sure at the time when you first did it and wasn't going to say anything about it until I saw it for sure. You could still cut some to go long ways and piece them in between where you have the one's already mounted.

Oops :D, thanks for the correction! Sounds like a plan, will it do much even if its just gonna be little 1 foot pieces screwed in between the 3 foot pieces? Actually I could unscrew the braces and make them intersect kinda if you think that would help. I trust your opinion and I wanna make this thing the best I can.

I added some cross bracing to hopefully fix the bracing problem that Zach pointed out :D

The braces interlock halfway

SDC11525.jpg

Then I secured the countersink all the way around and started final sanding, until the neighbor yelled over that she was calling the cops so I quit for tonight, tomorrow morning I'll be at it again though and then she can't call the cops :P

Archived