What's going on with my dog?!?!

Ok, so i have a Labrador, with some husky and god knows what else in there, and she is about 2 years old now. This morning i got up to turn my alarm off and she woke up, she sleeps on my bed with me, and started freaking out...barking like crazy, running back and forth through my room trying to get out and acted like she had no idea who i was. My other dog, a German shepard ran in and they went at it for a second before i could break them up; we got my german shepard outside, but my lab continued to run around barking and was foaming at the mouth at one point. After about 10 minutes i got her calmed down, but she continued to act like she wasnt sure who i was but none the less was calm and back to here goofy self. She acted normal the rest of the day and is currently sleeping next to my feet. I'm really worried and not sure what to do...i dont have the cash to go to the vet atm...was wondering if yall had, had any encounters like this.

foaming at the mouth is one of the symptoms of rabbies. i would get her to the vet.

Rabies if thats spelt right. Causes animals to go crazy then calm down and foam at the mouth I have a Yellow lab of 8 Years and shes never done that. She sadly has bad hip problems but we have her on pills for it, Great dogs my man Id save some money then go to the vet

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100218160328AAOavLA

There are three phases to rabies, called the Prodromal, Furious, and Paralytic phases. An animal that is infected with rabies may show one, two, or all three of these phases.

In dogs, the first phase, Prodromal phase, actually looks like the opposite of what most people think when they hear "rabies". Animal presenting in the Prodromal phase may be anxious, nervous, and/or actually more shy (Won't run up to you to attack foaming at the mouth). Some animals may even become affectionate and docile. This phase usually lasts 2-3 days.

The second phase, the Furious phase, is the phase that is most commonly associated with rabies infection. Normally, you would describe this behavior as "rabid". This is the phase that may include aggressiveness, foaming at the mouth, and other erratic behavior. Animals may also become extra sensitive to sights and sounds. Death may occur after this phase, usually precluded by seizures. However, and animal may progress to the third stage.

The third stage is called the Paralytic, or "dumb" phase. In this phase the animal's muscles controlling the face, neck and chest are affected, and the animal may salivate excessively as a result of not being able to swallow. Most of the time, respiratory distress and then failure occurs, generally causing death.

The only way to get a definite diagnosis of rabies is to test the animal's brain tissues post-mortem (after death). Dependent upon where you live, this test may be required by law in any suspected rabies case.

If ever you do think your pet has rabies:

Since there is NO CURE for rabies once clinical symptoms have appeared, it is VERY IMPORTANT for your safety, and your family's safety, as well as your pet's, to bring the animal to a veterinarian or a city animal services center so that it can be quarantined. This is nothing to worry about! If you suspect your animal may be infected with rabies, it can stay in a boarding-like facility only for observation. During this time, your pet would recieve food and water and any medical care it may need. In some places, you might even be able to visit your pet. Again, this is very important, because rabies infections in animals and humans are extremely dangerous.

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Rabies if thats spelt right. Causes animals to go crazy then calm down and foam at the mouth I have a Yellow lab of 8 Years and shes never done that. She sadly has bad hip problems but we have her on pills for it, Great dogs my man Id save some money then go to the vet

my lab has hip problems too ... he is getttin old

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Ok, thanks for all the feedback...im gonna give the vet a call in the morning and see what i need to do

dont let her bite you .... if you get rabies you gotta get like 8 shots in your stomach like once a year or some shit like that

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

and make sure she didnt bite your other dog

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0