Touch screen durabilties?

Hey, Just curious if any of you guys could give me some feed back on how touch screen h.u.'s hold up and function after alot of use? Wondering how they act when it is cold out and I am also wondering what has broke on them And if they are worth having?

I have been running a kenwood kvt-617dvd for the past two years and I have had no problems with it at all. Here in Michigan, when it gets real cold, I will notice that the screen will be dark until it heats up in the car alittle bit. Other than that I have really had no problems with it. Before that until I was running a pioneer avh 6400. That unit was motorized just as the Kenwood model except it wasn't touchscreen. The only issues I had with that unit was the famous ground issue where there was a shit ton of noise in my componets. After getting that worked it it was a pretty flawless unit as well.

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

i had a mac mini in my silverado, back in 2005 before anyone did, the touch screen units have gotten better now a days i imagine, then back then, i had no problems with it ever

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

I have been running a kenwood kvt-617dvd for the past two years and I have had no problems with it at all. Here in Michigan, when it gets real cold, I will notice that the screen will be dark until it heats up in the car alittle bit. Other than that I have really had no problems with it. Before that until I was running a pioneer avh 6400. That unit was motorized just as the Kenwood model except it wasn't touchscreen. The only issues I had with that unit was the famous ground issue where there was a shit ton of noise in my componets. After getting that worked it it was a pretty flawless unit as well.

oh sweet! How much did the kenwood cost you?

Had my eclipse avn5435 for 2 years now. Still works like a champ. I've heard of the motors going out on the flipouts but I've only seen a couple that's happened to and they were 4-5 years old

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

i have had my ALPINE D-310 dvd touch screen for 5 years now. no porblems what so ever

no when its cold out my remote wont work till it warms up a lil bit but touchscreen is flawless

I had a clarion that after a year none of the controls worked. It would flip open but none of the buttons or the touchscreen would do anything. I even tried the remote, nothing. It played at the volume it was set to the last time it was shut off and would eject the cd but I just couldnt get it to do anything.

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

Archived