Knu copper clad cable question.

:bull:

what are you calling BS on? just curious for your input.

Build in progress:

Kenwood DNX890HD

Rockford Fosgate White wolf RCA's

2 Rockford Fosgate T400.4 on RF fanatic q components (6.5 in the kick, 6.5 in the front doors, 5.25 in rear doors)
2 Rockford Fosgate T2500's on sub

1 Fi car audio Team 15 D1

XS Power D3400 and three D975's in the rear

Mechman Elite 370

Stinger power connections and cable

RockFord_Fosgate-1-1.png

I'd run two runs of whatever I have from alt to battery regardless:) depending on length and how warm the engine actually gets... Wouldn't hurt to do it!

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

the alternator to the battery + wire only needs to be one 1/0 wire. the length of it will be short enough to handle the extra current. just be sure to fuse it.

your starting battery is under the hood, correct?

two runs of the CCA wire should be done from the front battery to the rear battery (if you want full power potential)

Upgrading your grounds is always a big plus. do as many grounds as you can from your frame/motor/alternator to your battery. grounds are often over looked. electricity works in a circuit, so if the ground restricts your flow at all, your alternator will not be able to move the current as well.

hope that helps clear things up a bit for you.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

the alternator to the battery + wire only needs to be one 1/0 wire. the length of it will be short enough to handle the extra current. just be sure to fuse it.

your starting battery is under the hood, correct?

two runs of the CCA wire should be done from the front battery to the rear battery (if you want full power potential)

Upgrading your grounds is always a big plus. do as many grounds as you can from your frame/motor/alternator to your battery. grounds are often over looked. electricity works in a circuit, so if the ground restricts your flow at all, your alternator will not be able to move the current as well.

hope that helps clear things up a bit for you.

clears up alot of things, im going to be running a 300A alt, what would you fuse this power lead at?

Build in progress:

Kenwood DNX890HD

2 Rockford Fosgate T400.4 on RF fanatic q components (6.5 in the kick, 6.5 in the front doors, 5.25 in rear doors)

Mechman Elite 370

RockFord_Fosgate-1-1.png

i have the same wire on my 250amp alt and its fine. if you left the stock + wire on the alt then that should be able to hold at least 110amps so itll easily make up for that 50amps your worried about.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i have the same wire on my 250amp alt and its fine. if you left the stock + wire on the alt then that should be able to hold at least 110amps so itll easily make up for that 50amps your worried about.

exactly^^

i'd do a 300amp fuse on the one run from your alt to your front battery. if you want to be extra safe, toss a 250amp in and keep some spares with you in your car.

Edited by J00bles

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

i have nothing but the knu klmx wire in my truck and have had no trouble, i have 4 runs from front to rear, two pos, two neg, 290 amp alternator, and 2 ap 3000d's, wire never gets hot, i love it

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

exactly^^

i'd do a 300amp fuse on the one run from your alt to your front battery. if you want to be extra safe, toss a 250amp in and keep some spares with you in your car.

K, thats kinda what i was thinking, Thanks for getting this straight for me guys.

Build in progress:

Kenwood DNX890HD

Mechman Elite 370

RockFord_Fosgate-1-1.png

i have nothing but the knu klmx wire in my truck and have had no trouble, i have 4 runs from front to rear, two pos, two neg, 290 amp alternator, and 2 ap 3000d's, wire never gets hot, i love it

Sweet, this makes me feel alot better about my purchase, i thought i had messed up there for a second LOL.

Build in progress:

Kenwood DNX890HD

Mechman Elite 370

RockFord_Fosgate-1-1.png