Second Skin Audio

I may have just killed my sub

Yeah, I know. Just can't do anything til morning and I got all these brainstorms going on.

Just brainstorm during tonight, write down everything you think it can be in the easiest order to check in. Start going down the line till you run into the problem! Haha, pretty much all you can do.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

what happens when you push the sub in with your hand? crunch crunch grind? if so you killed the fucker

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

if it does end up being your tinsel lead it means your gain is to high... dont ask me how i know this...

Peep my tunes...

'99 Audi A4 Q 1.8t

Knu 1/0 Big 3

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891 HU

US Amps Merlin MD2D 2ohm @ 1000w RMS

1x RE SX10D4 in custom ported 1" MDF box 1.25cf @ 34hz

4x Audiobahn 90w RMS 4" 2-ways

2x Kenwood Excelon 110w RMS 6x9 3-ways

2x Stock Bose high door tweets

So heres the update. Everything is good except the sub. Im pretty sure one vc is done. I made a thread this morning about the vc impedence. One side read right at 1 ohm, but the other side doesn't give a reading. When I push on the cone, theres not really a grind, but a sort of click sound. Waiting for the shop to open to call Rusty.

And to Corey, I would buy yours if it were a 12.

Edited by OrionStang

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

This is not the "proper" way but you can push the woofer with just the good coil to test hen just the bad coil. If you don't get ant output second time around then tis kaput. Double check tinsels because that is sounding more and more like the problem

Just tried again, and thats it, no output from the bad side. Tinsels are all good BTW.

Edited by OrionStang

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread