well i was thinking about laying frame with my stepside and i was thinking about being a lil different and trying hyrdos now i got a few questions.

1. can i even lay without totally having to redo the stepside on my silverado?

2. would getting hyrdos even be worth it? i was thinking about them cuz of the bigger ride height

3. can they handle the weight of the truck and a box for god knows what?

4. are they easy to do or extremely complicated?

heres a link i was looking at and thought it was not that bad of a price for 2 pumps kit

now this would be a wile before i started cuz of money issues but i was wondering what u thought about it

thanks guys!

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

A little back ground on me first. I was the former owner of Switchez Hydraulics in Houston, Tx. Have worked on hydraulics for over 15 years. And done some pretty crazy rides.

1. can i even lay without totally having to redo the stepside on my silverado? (If you want it to Lay on the belly with hydraulics it will be a rough ride and there is alot of metal fab you would need to do on the frame.)

2. would getting hyrdos even be worth it? i was thinking about them cuz of the bigger ride height.

(Hydraulics are just as cheap as air rides now, and for the most part Air bags can get just as high as hydraulics. You have the ability of placing one bag ontop of the other or buying a double height bag. And you get a much smoother ride out of a air bagged truck.)

3. can they handle the weight of the truck and a box for god knows what?

(Hydraulics and handle the weight of whatever you put on them. As long as you have the pressure and hose built to with stand that pressure. The weakest point of your system will be the hoses if you buy cheap hoses with horrible ends.)

4. are they easy to do or extremely complicated?

(They can be very complicated to install. If you aren't familiar with welding and haven't wired the electronics of them before, I'd leave it to professionals to install them for you. They don't really come with instructions.)

To add to his response, The ride quality of a bagged ride is usually much better than a juiced ride, however, if you know what you are doing, and with the use of accumulators you can get a juiced ride to be just as nice as a bagged ride, but to his point, if your not familiar or comfortable with welding getting a bolt on air ride kit would probably be your best path.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Yeah I Jacky done a lot of welding but when I do I like it and the ppl that look at my welds say they look great. I think I just might go bagged instide cuz it just seams easer. But the one thing I wanna do is have the bags as far back cuz I want the room for a blow through.

I can't stop building!!!

My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

layin frame with a blow through on a stepside?

I gotta see this.

No one seemed to answer the quesiton of is it possible to lay frameon a stepside without completly redoin the stepside bed though.

Just another thing to point out if you do have a malfunction with the hydrolic hoses vs an air line which do you think would be easier to clean and fix?

Just throwing my .02 out there

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

Another thing, it depends on the size of wheel that you are wanting to run, I am pretty sure you can lay frame with 20's after that I am not sure, in other words if you are trying to lay on 30's you might have to cut up those bed sides lol, now get to work

you can lay out on a stepside but you may have to narrow the rear end to get the clearance for the wheels and just tub the inside of the bed so the outside looks factory. For example you will not be able to body drop it on 26's like my fleetside bed because the wheels almost touch the top of the bed rails and would not fit in the stepside wheel tubs but just laying frame on 22's can prob be done fairly easily if you narrow the rear end an inch or so on each side. You realy just have to go out there with a tape measure and get it drawn up.

what size wheels/offset are you planning to use.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

yeah i was thinking about something around 22 or 24. probably 22's just cuz they'll be cheaper. but one thing that i think will set this back alot is that i think my tranny sits like 2 or 3 inchs under the frame of the truck. and im definitely going to get a blow through in this. i cant even begin to think of a world without massive bass. lol

so does anyone know of a place that has the hole kit other then the bolt in deal cuz i want to make my own deal on the rear so i can have the most room for the blow through thinking maybe 2 or 3 15's. never know

I can't stop building!!!

My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

Archived