GO WITH A TRIANGULATED 4 LINK REAR END WITH THE BAGS ON THE BARS , FOR THE FRONT GO WITH A 7" OR 8" BAG IN THE FRONT , IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT , GET SOME TUBULAR CONTROL ARMS . SINCE YOU ONLY WANT TO LAY FRAME , YOU CAN PROBABLY GET AWAY WITH THE STOCK SPINDLES INSTEAD OF DROP SPINDLESS(YOU WILL GAIN AN INCH OR TWO IN LIFT ) . WITH THE BAGS ON THE BARS ON THE 4 LINK , BY PLACING THE BAGS FARTHER BACK ON THE BARS (FARTHER AWAY FROM THE AXLE ) WILL GET YOU MORE LIFT ALSO . HYDRAULICS ARE COOL BUT AIR SUSPENSION IS ALOT SMOOTHER , LESS MAINTINENCE , AND ALOT CLEANER ....

What he said but also the trade out is the farther forward you place the bags (the more lift) but you also have more acting leverage on the bags ( less lifting ability). Just be sure to have a plan for the blow through and system, so you will know how much weight you will be needing to lift. :good:

What he said but also the trade out is the farther forward you place the bags (the more lift) but you also have more acting leverage on the bags ( less lifting ability). Just be sure to have a plan for the blow through and system, so you will know how much weight you will be needing to lift. :good:

WITH A 200 PSI SYSTEM YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH LIFT , PUT SOME 8" BAGS ON THE BARS AND YOU COULD LIFT ANOTHER TRUCK IF YOU WANTED TO 8)

WITH A 200 PSI SYSTEM YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH LIFT , PUT SOME 8" BAGS ON THE BARS AND YOU COULD LIFT ANOTHER TRUCK IF YOU WANTED TO 8)

AHHHHH CAPSLOCK IM YELLING AHHHHHHHH

My step side layed frame on 20s with no problems. Drop spindles, bag on bar 4 link set up. had 8" lift in front and 16" in the rear. i don't think it would lay 22's without narrowed rear axle and maybe some fab work on the fender wells. Do some more research. There are alot of forums out there for working on suspension. but yes, do not just half ass it you will regret it and be stuck with something you don't wanna fix, and neither will anyone else. To answer your first question, IMO bags verse juice, Id go bags unless your wanting to hop, or plan to do an IRS rear end. bags can do everything juice can on a truck now days. Bags are just more practical if you plan to drive the vehicle a lot. Just my .02 here. Good luck :drink40:

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

I have a juiced stepside that lays frame on 24s. and rides better than the bagged setup that I used to have in there...

030407016-1.jpgduck.jpg

banner2.jpg

The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent..

I have a juiced stepside that lays frame on 24s. and rides better than the bagged setup that I used to have in there...

must have been not a good designed air suspension set-up then ...

Archived