New set up is a huge upgrade from the old one...

1/0 Front to back, including the big 3. It's mostly routed under the truck and out of the way.

IMG00116-20100328-2159.jpg

IMG00112-20100325-1739.jpg

HU is Pioneer DEH-P6500, Mids are JL Audio C5-650 they are very musical and sound great on any type of music. (no i dont swing from JL's nuts like some)

PICT0044.JPG

PICT0042.JPG

PICT0059.JPG

Mids are powered by an MTX and are getting around 100rms. I am looking to get a better amp for them and another set of components to keep up with the lows.

Subs are custom built by Ken, the Nor Cal Sundown Rep aka Forevrbumpin. Hopefully he can chime in with a little more info about them.

IMG00115-20100328-2150.jpg

IMG00112-20100325-1739.jpg

IMG00111-20100325-1245.jpg

IMG00110-20100325-1245.jpg

The subs are currently running off an Infinity 611a, way underpowered but it still sounds great.

I ordered a Sundown SAE-1200D, and can't wait till it gets here to really wake the subs up

Suba are completely custom, based on Dayton Titanic MKIII motors, with long throw coils, 20mm each way. I tested them in the range of 500rms each, at least on my amp they take the abuse perfectly fine without even warming the coils up at all

Box is sealed now, went to see if they would sound good sealed, or if ported would be better, but sounds Great sealed, so leave it that way until KTM300 wants a little more sound from them

Now Paint that box!

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Forgot to add, its still not done yet, I will hopefully be painting the box within the next week or so. The sundown should be here on friday?? And the wiring doesn't really look like that, I took that pic while I was taking out all the old wiring.

All pictures were taken with my blackberry, so they aren't hi res. More pictures and a video to come when its all finished....

A big thanks to Ken for making it happen, he definitely put a lot of time into this.

Thanks for the compliments. The pics seem to be showing up fine for everyone else, they are hosted by google so they should be good.

I will get pics of the amp as soon as it shows up. Hopefully I can get a video the same day!