big 3 questions

so me and my dad were doing the big three on my car and we did battery + to alt+ battery- to engine block and battery - to ground... i know that is not the exact way explained on how to do it but will that - to engine block make a difference? just wondering should we go in and change it cuz it would be fairly easy to do?

Whats up ham-bone! IMO yes it will make a difference. It's all about the flow and resistance of electricity, so the smallest wire or the wire with the most resistance is only going to allow so much current through to the rest of the charging system. I mean the big three is all about creating the least amount of resistance for your charging system. You should hear Jordan Courtney's system now that he has your amp and a new box, that shit straight pounds...

late

-Sam

(1)Fi BTL 15

(1)AQ 2200d

4.33 Cubes~33hz

Big Three done

XS 1200 in the back

I saw on maxxsonic they ran their big 3 that way, thats the way I ran mine, I may run a wire form block to the chassis, but I haven't decided yet..

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

Run the wire to the alt case, (not alt +) to the battery (-) And from the Body to batt (-) It's just one more wire, might as well just do it.

I lived in laramie for 9mo, it was nice out there. But I don't think I would like to go through a winter like that every year :drinks:

Archived