Wanting To Get Into Competition

Hey everyone, my name is Adam and I was just curious on what category I could fit into for competitions and stuff. I have been around the car audio realm for a little bit and was wanting to get involved in competing when I get out of the Marines in October. I will start to set up my Explorer so that it will be within the guide lines. I would like to do the loud music on a mic. I think this is bass racing. Correct me if I am wrong. And I also know that people are going to knock me for using two XXX 12's to be loud too because they are not spl subs. But it is what I want to do anyways. Any help would be appreciated on this. And would my classification have any draw backs with me having an upgraded alt and two batteries?

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

The 12's should be fine just build a nice streetbeat system and you'll find your bassrace class.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Well the system is pretty much done. It slams haaaarrrd. The box is just uncovered and I am needing to get maybe two more batteries. In the future maybe a second alternator. So what you are saying is to go to an event and let them categorize me when I get there?

in bassrace it depends on how loud you are as to what class you go in.

class's break down like this

119.0db's and down

120.0 to 129.9

130.0 to 139.9

140.0 to 149.9

150.0 to 159.9

160.0 and up

in bassrace it depends on how loud you are as to what class you go in.

class's break down like this

119.0db's and down

120.0 to 129.9

130.0 to 139.9

140.0 to 149.9

150.0 to 159.9

160.0 and up

and with my new box i am building i plan on doing 140-149.9 bass race :)

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

Now with bass race, what I want to do is pick a class that I can win in right? Soo if I know my truck can do a 150, but not much over that, I should do the 140-149 class so that I can win that one without breaking out of my class right?

Remember that Bass Race takes the average score played on music, not the peak played using a test tone. Your Bass Race score will be much lower than your Db Drag score. If your peak is 150db then you'll probably want to compete in the 130-139.9 class. The trick here is picking the right song, getting a good start, and controlling your volume corrently. It takes a lot of practice to get perfect.

Edited by Derrick824

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg