holy balls, well, why do that now when i have myself a hoist? lol

Entertainment. ever watched someone do that? its entertaining as hell. i was shocked as hell lol

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

jack it up as high as you can an then use a chain to tie it to a main support beam in your garage.. make sure its really tight. then loosen everything and lower the car.. then get a couple guys to grab the motor and move it.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

Entertainment. ever watched someone do that? its entertaining as hell. i was shocked as hell lol

i've seen 2 guys pull out a motor by hand. with a peice of pipe and chain lol but it was a little tiny tacoma motor

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

I NOW HAVE A HOIST! lol

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

next question is: whats the best way to pull a motor with a hoist, but leaving the tranny in the car... i dont have the tools to get the axles off (need a 32mm to get axle nut off and dont have it nor air ratchet) so pulling the tranny isnt really an option at the moment, which would be easiest? the transmission has to come apart from the block either way, im reusing it on the new motor. both options are about the same in work wise.

a large screwdriver/prybar will pop the cv axels right out of the trans.. fyi ;) just remove the front wheels and the front struts to allow the brakes/spindle to rotate on the balljoint and then pop the cv axels out and away from the trans. and bring the whole thing out.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

I NOW HAVE A HOIST! lol

This was the same motor as you have. he was doing a swap and had the fenders and bumper off then he said watch this and picked the damn thing up with everything on the block still and walked a few feet and set it down. my mouth dropped so far down ha

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

a large screwdriver/prybar will pop the cv axels right out of the trans.. fyi ;) just remove the front wheels and the front struts to allow the brakes/spindle to rotate on the balljoint and then pop the cv axels out and away from the trans. and bring the whole thing out.

haha yeah right, they "pop" out? i tried for a good hour trying to get them out. i've had to change them once because of the boot tearing and it wasnt anywhere as hard as it was this time. couldnt even get the things to budge.

This was the same motor as you have. he was doing a swap and had the fenders and bumper off then he said watch this and picked the damn thing up with everything on the block still and walked a few feet and set it down. my mouth dropped so far down ha

well the motor itself only weighs around 300 pounds, i've picked it up and moved it around my garage several times. given that i didnt pick it up past my waist, but i did indeed pick it up and move it lol

motor is now out of the car with the transmission sitting in the garage, tranny will be bolted to the new motor tomorrow and the other motor will be in the car either tomorrow or sunday : )

Archived