got the motor in and running at 7 am yesterday morning, ran fine for about 5 minutes, pulled decently then the god damn head gasket blew. so now its time to spend some more dollars and pull the head :S

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

Whats the best way to pull a motor that weighs about 300 lbs without a hoist? I guess me and wL<3bass can just pick it up out but i dont wanna scratch the crap outta my front end pulling that one out and putting the new one in. I got a front end loaded about 30 miles from here but have no way to get the car there. i would use that to pull the motor but no way to get the car there... lol

Parts out the engine and take the tranmission out.

well i got bored and decided to pull my old motor apart to see why it crapped itself and to get a coolant line off of the back of the block from the water pump to the thermo-housing.

so first i pulled off the head

head.jpg

and found this black carbon-like stuff on top of the cylinders, its at the bottom of the cylinder in the picture. i pulled most of it out, but i guess its burnt oil or charred fuel or something, im not sure

cylinder.jpg

also the cylinder walls are in perfect condition for spinning a bearing so im not sure what exactly happened, i guess oil was just too low

cylinderwall.jpg

anyways, tomorrow is the day to spend more money. got my head gasket today, only 34 bucks too! :) i have a 1/2 gallon of coolant and need to drain and flush my oil and coolant system then re-add everything and slap on the head gasket and make sure the bitch is in time. if this dont work and im still eating coolant, im gonna be pissed lol

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

recently sold my wheels/tires to be able to afford to rebuild my car, sold them for 320 and a set of steelies. spray painted the steelies and threw them on, i dont think that look that bad. i kinda like the slammed on steelies look lol

since the car has been jacked up so long the springs havent fully compressed, it'll be lower : )

steelies.jpg

another picture, note my hood on the bush on the left side of the picture lol

steelies2.jpg

took my exhaust off and decided it was a little too corroded, so i took an orbital sander with 80 and 120 grit and sanded that bitch down then polished it. took 2 hours lol

exhaust.jpg

damn vtec still aint poppin. : ( its a vtec pressure switch which will be replaced with a cleaned one along with a fresh solenoid and everything. if this dont work i'll check the voltage to the switch, then if its low, i'll check the voltage coming from the ecu, if theres something there, then theres a short somewhere in the wiring. hopefully it'll be fixed sometime in the next 4 hours lol

since the car has been jacked up so long the springs havent fully compressed, it'll be lower : )

steelies.jpg

I don't mean to rain on your parade but springs are supposed to "settle" and it is far from slammed

I don't mean to rain on your parade but springs are supposed to "settle" and it is far from slammed

So sorry my language and terms aren't up to par for you.

Well slammed on steelies is just a phrase. If you don't like it then why comment to complain? Why don't you just do the back button on the browser trick?

Archived