Sonic Electronix

I purchased a piece of alum 2" x 2" angle stock to make a buss bar out of. I want to rip the angle down to 1" x 2". Can I use a carbide blade to rip/cut the alum stock? Im a woodworker so working with aluminum is a little new to me. I have seen people milling alum with carbide bits but havent seen anyone cutting it. Have to rip 2 pieces 12" in length.

you can use a fine tooth blade on a band saw or table saw. Gotta be real careful though, and smooth the edges when you are done with a sander or grinder.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

use a fine tooth metal bit and you will be fine. I'm lazy and would use a plasma cutter but it will look better if you cut it with a blade.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

I have a 60 tooth tripple chip and flat grind blade on the table saw now. Guess that will do the job. I dont have a band saw or a plasma cutter. I'll just go slow and keep my fingers out of the way. I have a die grinder and some abrasive disks to clean it all up with.

ive had good luck cutting 1/2" plate aluminum with a regular circular saw blade. its loud and makesa mess.. just cut slow and you will be fine.

when i was co-oping at a shop that made bases for fixtures they used a compound saw to cut all the stuff with a carbide blade. they would cut 4x4" chunks with no problem.

I purchased a piece of alum 2" x 2" angle stock to make a buss bar out of. I want to rip the angle down to 1" x 2". Can I use a carbide blade to rip/cut the alum stock? Im a woodworker so working with aluminum is a little new to me. I have seen people milling alum with carbide bits but havent seen anyone cutting it. Have to rip 2 pieces 12" in length.

i would use a saw, either table, band or circular. not sure on the blade, havent worked with aluminum in a while, be careful aluminum can warp or crack if it gets too hot. You can also use a grinder with a aluminum disc

2010 Subaru Impreza

Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD

2 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2

Audison LRx 1.1K

superglue a dildo to the center of the cone....lube it.....then have that dumbass sit on it :good:

while playing a 10hz note

haha, this reminds me of a paintball sticker i have "my balls slap at 300fps"

now I want a sticker that says "i fuck at 10hz"

i would use a saw, either table, band or circular. not sure on the blade, havent worked with aluminum in a while, be careful aluminum can warp or crack if it gets too hot. You can also use a grinder with a aluminum disc

Im going to find out today. Trying my circular saw first. Easiest to get to. Still dont have my table saw setup properly.

Archived