I just got this dei backup battery to add to my alarm system (Its a dei rattler, nothing fancy, no complaints, adding this and extra sirens this weekend).  I was under the impression that the alarm module and the sirens could be wired up to this and continue to work if the battery is disconnected.  But I read the manual and it says that the only thing it should power is the alarm module. 

Lets say it can only power the module.  Well the module grounds the relay for the sirens, but if the battery is disconnected, the relay wont work because its got no 12volts.  If the relay doesnt work, then all I have is a module with 12volts doing nothing, which wont do a ting for my car.

Do you guys think this would work - Wire the two 6 tones to the relay as planned, 1 in the hood 1 in the trunk, but wire the piezos to the backup along with the module and say screw the instuctions? 

lol wire up some double a batteries and call it quits (jk)

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

where did you get te back up battery at? imy local dealer is having trouble gettin one in because hardly any one buys them?

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

I just installed it this afternoon.  It is curently hooked up to the alarm with the single siren under the hood.  Im still not sure how Im going to handle getting 4 sirens to run off this ting....

The coolest part was that I was able to mount the alarm brain, the backup battery and the backup module all under the trim in front of the shifter.  And I rerouted all of the alarm wiring up through the dash and now the only non factory wires you see under the dash are for the dash speakers. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MegaloManiac

I just installed it this afternoon.  It is curently hooked up to the alarm with the single siren under the hood.  Im still not sure how Im going to handle getting 4 sirens to run off this ting....

The coolest part was that I was able to mount the alarm brain, the backup battery and the backup module all under the trim in front of the shifter.  And I rerouted all of the alarm wiring up through the dash and now the only non factory wires you see under the dash are for the dash speakers. 

dont ever post where your brains are fyi

dont ever post where your brains are fyi

I never said what/where my car is nor post pics

idiots. that guy is pretty stupid if u have read his other posts

you dont have a system and you offered no real advice to the original post, please dont waste peoples time with your opinions.