may03LT Posted April 6, 2010 Report Posted April 6, 2010 A couple of weekends easily. But on something fairly user friendly for dis assembling (aka unlike my car) A whole lotta weekends for yours!
Blackedout Posted April 6, 2010 Report Posted April 6, 2010 Got a couple hundred hours in my install to the point where it's at now, but I'm still not done. This is counting trial and error, getting the sound I want, several enclosures, several decks, several different amps. I install not to complete the install, but to achieve what I'm looking for..... In that perspective, if you can get the results you're looking for in 8 hours, props to you. Trunk Build Log
wildbeast15 Posted April 6, 2010 Report Posted April 6, 2010 about a day if you know the vehicle The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)</div>
tehbert0 Posted April 6, 2010 Report Posted April 6, 2010 six hours in my car http://motorcitydesignsaudio.com
dyeagain15 Posted April 6, 2010 Report Posted April 6, 2010 Custom door and a-pillar pods will take longer...the part im not looking forward to My F-150 Build (So Far) 2 DC L3 10's Kenwood KDC-X794 (4) Selenium ST200 (Highs) (2) RE X8 (Mids) Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps Shuriken Batteries Knu Wiring My Feedback Thread
EricR Posted April 6, 2010 Report Posted April 6, 2010 If I have an entire day then its done that day I would hate to see that install. That is a full system, no way that could all be installed in one day. Like I said I would hate to see it. To the OP, I would say it would take me 2-3 days depending on if I ran into any problems and had all of the equipment at hand. i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?
-Hobby- Posted April 6, 2010 Report Posted April 6, 2010 I probably have 40 hours in my truck so far. Probably have about 20 left to finish it. Add another 10 to 20 hours when I start on the doors.
Skullz Posted April 6, 2010 Report Posted April 6, 2010 Installation is 60% planning and 35% execution and 5% beer time. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Torres Posted April 6, 2010 Report Posted April 6, 2010 Why would you wanna do a fast install? 1.You get no satisfaction 2.Your quality will suffer & 3.You don't end up tearing it out and starting over. In my opinion a great install will take months to years. (This is all a mute point if your a shop. A shop tries to crank out high volumes of installs to maximize profits not for quality) you can still be fast and do quality work. just in how quick you can do it. usually comes with repetition.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.