Custom '83 chevrolet dash bezel

Been working on a new project for a buddy, more of a training project. I'm showing him the whole process and teaching him all the tricks and tips I know. He's getting the hang of glass work, and filling lowspots and wet sanding was new to him, but he's getting there.

Anyway, from start to where we are currently are in the project.

Photo0080.jpg

All the gauges were recessed behind the bezel stock, and he wanted a flush surface to mount them on with the bezel. I suggested moving the radio out of the bottom right and taking it to the middle. Then moving the A/C controls down to the bottom in place of the radio.

0331001058.jpg

0331000309.jpg

0331000310.jpg

0402000339.jpg

0402001915.jpg

0403000507.jpg

0405000003.jpg

0405000004.jpg

0405000044.jpg

0407000133.jpg

Anyway, that's where we're at so far. Bit more prime and prep before paint, as well as fitting the new mounting points in the truck, and mounting the cd player. His overall goal is to put autometer gauges in place of these, with a 5 inch tach and speedo instead of the 3".

More to come as it happens.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

How much does the stuff to glass cost? Like going from having nothing. No brushes or rollers or anything?

Looks good btw we have an 82 C20 Custom Deluxe.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

thats coo. i remember when i had my 83 fullsize. i found a polished billet peice for that. also remember the dashpad i fiberglassed and put a tv in. never painted it, end up selling the truck. nice work.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

• 3 weeks later...

0425002233.jpg

Done.

Painted using the new duplicolor paint shop quarts from O'reillys. Jet black, with clear coat, then a cut and buff.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Looks great. Pics of it installed in the truck after paint? One question though, didn't he have to remove the column to install the bezel?

No, after all the shape was done in primer stage we cut the lower end out to slip over the column.

Not yet installed, some major wiring is in order behind the dash before then.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived