Sonic Electronix

clipped songs are just killin me!!

theres so many good songs out there but the ones that i like - most of them are clipped too bad to risk playing

i wanted to listen to (for example)

love king - the dream

drake - over

young forever - jay z

birdman - tool

but i cant because i dont wanna fry my subs.

theres gotta be a way someone knows of to remove clipping. a program or something? ive searched so many links from google and stuff but i dont wanna give up.

i tried using the fruity limiter in fruity loops but it still clips badly unless im using it wrong.

ive tried clip fix in audacity but it seems to make things worse.

the only successful fix ive found is to go and click repair on every single clip (which i still didnt catch some by the time i finished) and it took between 3-4 hours of doing that, because you can only select so much of a song to repair.

ive messaged people on here too but the only person that mentioned a fix was bigpimpin and he said fruity limiter, but i cant find out how to make it remove clipping.

so please, does anyone out there know a program or a way to get rid of clipping/atleast make it a little better?

anyone? thanks..

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

dont play full tilt.

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

clipped equals no good, ^dont run full tilt you should be fine.

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

just don't bang out. if you smell coil back the volume down. If your signal isnt clipped a little clipped music is not the end of the world. Be smart with the gain knob and volume knob and you can still enjoy it. Maybe not at full tilt boogie but still at semi loud levels.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

how is a song clipped? i thought clipping had to do with ur system...

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

Guest Scylloga

how is a song clipped? i thought clipping had to do with ur system...

When the bass notes extend past the range of the spectrum its called clipping.

You have a top and bottom and when the bass extends past those points its considered clipping.

Your system can enhance the clipping but for the most part it has to originate from the music.

very good answer. I think manofthehour you are referring to a clipped signal

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

no fixes, but there are many ways to lower the amplitude of the wave so theres not as much power in the long run... but it always sounds like poo

hell voltage drop drives amps into clipping... so playing a bunch of dirty songs on an amp with gains set a little too high plus an inefficient electrical equals magic smoke in amps and coil stinkage

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Ive heard of people using a external amp, that would be powered off of a 9v battery or off your cars wiring, this would be able to help out with filtering the signal and allow you to turn you iPod down to half and then turn the amp from the iPod to normal listening volume, adn this might help ot with the clipped signal, I know most the Zune's don't start to clip till they get up to 19-20, but iPod's need to be turned to about 4/5 the way up, iPhones I have run all the way up or one notch down. These are just my methods of getting rid of clipped signals. Also if its a CD that your listening to, try ripping your CD to your computer, and increase the quality, then transfer to mp3 device. But if you are just using a mp3 device try the op-amp circuit im talking about. There are tons of easy ones.Amp circuit These actually will help smooth out the output voltage to your head unit and allow you to listen to you music at a higher volume. But if none of this works, then your head unit is a POS and you need to get a new one, cause the one you have is sending clipped signals at low voltages.

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Archived