best components for $400 a set

justified

i just got a sundown 100x4 and looking to replace my mb quarts pvi6.5. going from a $200 set to a $400 how much better will they be. i have a full size bronco just put in 4 roll's fat mat, speakers are in mdf with a fiberglass box behind them. i am looking at alpine spx17 pro,6.5 re xxx, focal, rainbows. not sure about any of these in this price range any help or other options would be great. ihave never heard any of these no stereo shop for 80 miles. i have re sx woffers leaning to the re's cant find any reviews.i can get the alpines 300 ebay, just not sure

honestly depends on what kinda speakers you get. Hertz Energy or Hi Energy for that matter wil stomp a mudhole in those quarts. i owned the highest MB Q series not even a close comparison.

I have some used energy series hertz if your interested that were in my wifes vehicle for a bit before she got upgraded hit me up if interested

if ur pritty nifty with the fiberglass ied get a set of hertz 3ways, there around that price n hertz are good sq stuff also

i seen a set of cadence 3ways for around $400 that looks sick too

are u wanting one set of comps or 2 or 3 sets of good comps?

and if u want re xxx's then ied get those, they got some killer midbass and sq to boot, u can find vids of em on youtube too, lemmie see if i can find one

and there pritty damn tough too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag79Ylb9WdA&feature=related

hope this helps :)

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

the xxx aren't really sq components at all. but they definitely have some nuts in the midbass department. Im happy with mine, but I wouldnt put my money on them over the others mentioned, again unless we're talking midbass.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

i am going to get to sets re look awesome dont know any body who has heard them, as for fiberglass i have a boat building repair shop i do any thing out of glass, thanks for the hit

theres a guy on here that has those hertz n tehy sound clean as hell, i forgot what he was running them with but he's a sq guru so he prolly spent a week tuening it lol

oh ya it was an elemential designs(sp) ed9 5ch amp

im thinking about going with hertz myself in the future, but time n money will tell lol

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

whats that song u played fink?

i was playing some celine deion in my geo on my polk db's on my majestic 300w 2ch n the sq was amazing, im thinking about throwing them in the truck this summer or when ever i got time to

i love a good set of speakers with good midbass and clean vocals, my buddy did a memphis setup in a bmw that was loud as hell, he did 2 msync 8's with the tweet in the middle, and 2 mclass 4'' coax in each door with tweets on dash with i think 2 or 4 mtx 500w 4ch's n it was loud n clean but that was a diff ball game, hella sq car wit 2 jl w7 13.5's on a mtx 1501d, man lol

but if u want something loud and clear ied run those hertz, im not knocking re's mids n highs but there not really built to keep up with bass to well

ray runs some hertz in his hummer n they keep up with the damn nere 160db on music so i guess there the way to go imo

while they may not be as efficient as the hertz or sound as good, they get STUPID loud...I am yet to hear anything louder yet...

Fuck I ran around 600 watts rms to my one set alone.

180-200 for each mid and 100-125 for each tweeter.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Archived