Painting the engine bay.// Anyone interested...

Anyone here done a engine bay paint.. Here's my nasty greases bay. Having clean bay help your engine breathe better, and that i have been told...

Picture002-1.jpg

Anyone here done a engine bay paint.. Here's my nasty greases bay. Having clean bay help your engine breathe better, and that i have been told.

Picture010-1.jpg

Edited by Gotloud555

honestly, it doesnt make a huge, noticeable difference. other than appearance. it doesnt matter if the engine is a sohc, grand am motor, if the engine bay is clean and spotless and the engine is shiny, it gives the impression of better performance. plus, who honestly wants to look at that?

like painting, the hardest part about the engine bay is prepwork. but dont cut corners, make sure everything is sanded, taped, wires are seperated correctly and easy enough for you to put back. i wouldnt spend a lot of money on an expensive paint job, and a lot of people come to me asking to use rattlecan just to save them money. you can get everything you need at a smaller auto store. in fact, im powder coating a person valve cover right now and he asked me to do his engine bay. its a 96 eclipse gs-t, was red, but the color will soon be changing. heres a pic i just took with my cell.

bay.jpg

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

and yes, i do know the top part of the firewall has not been done. as stupid as i think it is, he asked i do not do that part. not too sure why, but the customer gets what he wants.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Well i like to see a clean engine bay. I was hoping that latez on i can do a wire and brake tuck on. I got rid of my A/c because i hardly use them. I was thinking about getting a manual steering rack, but not as yet. It took my a while to clean the grease bay.. I sand off all the basecoat. I wish i had a welding machine so i could weld this holes.. I painted it green. Not done painting as yet.Picture029-3.jpg

Picture029-3.jpg Putting back all the brake lines and wiring. I was thinking to put the battery on the right side passenger...

Edited by Gotloud555

you can do something like this for your steering rack like mine is done. mine is just looped back and full of fluid and works fine. this pic is not mine just an example

power9.jpg

Edited by loudREcivic

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

This is the engine bay we are doing on my brothers car we welded and smoothed the firewall.

monte005.jpg

monte001.jpg

Nice.. Good work.. That huge timing belt you got there..

Nice.. Good work.. That huge timing belt you got there..

That isn't a timing belt. It's the belt drive for the blower.. I hope you're joking, because you have engine swapping in your interests, so I hope you're being smart.. if not then...

On a side note, the engine bay looks bad as hell. Hate to get an oil leak, that's for sure.

Edited by Wastehog

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4