melonhead Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 I lived in Florida two different times. I lived there for a whole year when I was in the 4th grade and then for like a half year when I was a sophomore in high school. As a kid it was fun but it fucking sucked as a teenager. I lived in Venice and there was nothing to do but get into trouble. I guess I hated it because I didn't really fit in. I was born and raised in Cali so going to a "hick" town was different. I had a few friends that I hung out with that were cool and embraced me but I stayed away when they got into stupid shit. I was there for a few hurricanes and that was kinda cool. They weren't big ones or anything. The weather was crazy. I remember walking down the street one day and it was raining on one side of the street and not raining on the other side. It was crazy.
lil_mac Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 I was down that way once for work. I spent 10 days in Lake Whales and hated every second of it. I love hot weather, but being over 100 (high 90's at night) was nuts since there was no wind to speak of. On top of that you have massive bugs and brown lacrus spiders the size of my hand. In short you can have it man, you can have ALL OF IT. I vacationed in Sarasota for about 15 years, I love that town as it isn't too touristy yet it's still on the gulf. I would move there in a heartbeat. I lived in Fort Lauderdale for just over a year and it was the biggest mistake I ever made. While the town was a blast (mostly locals from Fort, Sunrise, Miami, etc) finding work absolutely sucked. I'm born and raised in Dearborn (borders Detroit) and I couldn't believe how racist it was down there and I'm from Dearborn ffs (look up Orville L Hubbard). I was turned down for two jobs because I wasn't Cuban. Straight up profiled and denied. I talked to this one Director of HR at a hospital for 45 minutes about this and that. She says at one point "Oh yea I mean you know how it is being Cuban!" and I said "Um, no I don't I'm Irish (black Irish)". She lets out the looooong drawn out "ooooooooh" and cut the interview. It was so bad that my recruiter from Robert Half literally said "Rob, just change your name on your resume to Roberto, being black Irish you're part Spanish anyways." I couldn't believe it, that shouldn't matter... Finally when I found a job it was because I was from Detroit because "People from down here are too slow and too lazy"... I couldn't believe the balls on these people. That job lasted 4 months and then I GTFO of there and headed back to the D. I still to this day can't get over how racially motived that town was. These people hate the haitians, those people hate the cubans, these people hate the whites, those people hate the jews, these guys hate southerners, those people hate cubans, but only from Jersey, and it went on. It was like I was living in the back woods of south in the 1950's or something. I know it can't be the norm and I wouldn't generalize and say "they are all racist assholes", but the amount of people that were just threw me for a loop. I love mid->west Florida (Tampa, Sarasota, etc) and barely have any knowledge of mid, but from the knowledge I do have mid->east... No thanks! i live in sarasota
qu1cks1lver56 Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 man those dislikes are SO true. First Gen Xterra: Always changing DNX 690HD RF 360.3RF T3002RF T4004RF T10001bdSilver Flute 6.5"s Tang Band 1" TweetersSundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz Trust me .25 Blows your Load.
qu1cks1lver56 Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 The real estate market in Florida is extremely buyer friendly right now. I've been thinking of purchasing a modest winter home in the state for months. double post but oh well, above quote is really true, come buy my grandma's house for way less than its worth lol. but forgot to add in my last post, northwest florida has: humidity from hell heat from hell bugs from hell crazy weather badass beaches more but im tired and dont feel like thinking up a list lol. First Gen Xterra: Always changing DNX 690HD RF 360.3RF T3002RF T4004RF T10001bdSilver Flute 6.5"s Tang Band 1" TweetersSundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz Trust me .25 Blows your Load.
JBurt09 Posted April 11, 2010 Author Report Posted April 11, 2010 double post but oh well, above quote is really true, come buy my grandma's house for way less than its worth lol. but forgot to add in my last post, northwest florida has: humidity from hell heat from hell bugs from hell crazy weather badass beaches more but im tired and dont feel like thinking up a list lol. Ya'll have St. Joseph's beach Ranked one of the top secluded beaches in the world a few years back.Have you ever been there?
rednekfisherman Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 Daytona beach ftmfw! 1999 gmc jimmy 4 door mtx thunder 1501d alpine cda-102 hifonics olympus 12(temporary) 2 sundown sa 15s
JBurt09 Posted April 11, 2010 Author Report Posted April 11, 2010 Daytona beach ftmfw! Shiiiit this year it was Clearwater, Anna Maria Island, and Panama City for gettin' loose for Spring Break.Wasn't even a place to lay down there were so many people on those beaches.No exageration.
rednekfisherman Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 I never been to any of those beaches b4 plus daytona is only an hour away 1999 gmc jimmy 4 door mtx thunder 1501d alpine cda-102 hifonics olympus 12(temporary) 2 sundown sa 15s
JBurt09 Posted April 11, 2010 Author Report Posted April 11, 2010 I never been to any of those beaches b4 plus daytona is only an hour away Oh I just saw you are in Ocala.Cedar Key isn't too terribly far, but Daytona is a straight shot for you and I don't blame you for choosing it to go to if you wanna see a whole lot of crazy hoes haha.
zachhern1 Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 I love livin in Florida 352! fuck ya! 352 all day
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.