Sonic Electronix

I just got done with my box for my two Fifteen Aq sdc and was wondering what should i do about the sub wiring.

I have an old terminal cup with the positive and negatives on it but i was wondering what does everybody else use and whats the best one. I was thinking of just drilling two small holes just enough for my postive and negative wire coming from my subs wired to 1 ohms. I would then just silicon the spot where the two wires are coming from then just connect them to my amp.

I need to know whats the best and least resistant method where im getting the best connection. Does anybody use like a all thread type of bolt and just ring terminal it on each side, and if so what kind of bolt is it, copper or does it matter. Thanks.

DSC04585.jpg

DSC04588.jpg

DSC04591.jpg

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

Put some bolts from home depot.

Edit: it doesn't have to be from home depot lol just saying, that's where I get mine

Edited by Red-navi-916

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

I wouldn't worry about the impedance of some regular stainless bolts unless you are going for world records.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I wouldn't worry about the impedance of some regular stainless bolts unless you are going for world records.

What i was thinking but also those stainless steel bolts, do i get the regular type like this with a nut and washer:

Stainless20steel20bolt2.jpg

or the all thread ones?

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

What i was thinking but also those stainless steel bolts, do i get the regular type like this with a nut and washer:

Stainless20steel20bolt2.jpg

or the all thread ones?

I think it's easier to work with regular bolts and lock washers. I've never had anything come loose on me and they work great.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I think it's easier to work with regular bolts and lock washers. I've never had anything come loose on me and they work great.

So the bolts on my picture are ok along with 2 lock washers and nut to tighten it right? sorry if im not getting it.

One last thing since i would have the bolts exposed as terminals i am worried that there might be a short. Does anyone know what i can do to cover the bolt terminals to prevent this.

Elecrical tape? Trust me you don't have to worry about that just get a nice bolt and 2 washers

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

How are you going to get a perfect cut for the bolt to fit? You just gonna drill a hole and fill it with silicone? I like this idea, and would like to do it on my box build.

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol