Sonic Electronix

man that is alot of powa! are the 13w7's 1500 rms? i'd be gentile with the volume knob my dreadnaut is doin good on my 2250 not sure about jl though

It's just a street machine, no need to get crazy on the volume. I'll probably have the amp set to half, I'm not sure. I'll just leave that up to my install man. He has 20 years experience and knows what kind of sound I want.

showing the pics made me ALOT less skeptical of your build. Personally, I think a lot of the noobs are just getting into audio, and it seems annoying to the more veteran members. You sir are gonna need to start a build log, you seem to know what you're talking about

There's more stuff, but it's upstairs tucked away. Didn't wanna deal with it.

DSC00676.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

DSC00651.jpgDSC00634.jpg

DSC00625.jpg

lol, kicker nuthuggers. They look nice though. Nice pics of your stuff :good: . Can't wait to see a build log, it should look nice.

I think that was the theme of that particular show, KICKERS. lol If I remember correctly those systems were just for looks, there wasn't any real power behind them. Not hating, just giving my opinion.

I think that was the theme of that particular show, KICKERS. lol If I remember correctly those systems were just for looks, there wasn't any real power behind them. Not hating, just giving my opinion.

Understandable given there is so much kicker there ;) . Yeah, show cars aren't generally meant to be loud, just look damn nice, which these do.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

there are much better woofers to be had than those just looks audio woofers.

not only in loudness. but durability as well.

Honestly for lower end installs (lower watts) using sealed boxes JL kicked ass (don't know about the w7's). Come on by I'll show you 3 12W6's born in 99 that have been running at just under double their rating for 11 years... Yes, ELEVEN. That doesn't mean they are the cat's meow, but it's rare to see that kind of life out of a sub. All three were blown in 99 after I had added a 3rd for my new 99 SVT Contour and upgraded my amp (d200hc to d300hc at 1ohm 1900 watts) and JL replaced them no questions asked (at 14 months old). After that I snagged a 1400.2 which back in 2000 was kicking out 1790 at 1 ohm (not quite double rating for the w6's but close).

Most people around here are all for the "bang for your buck" and without a doubt JL looses hands down. But in my case I could never talk smack about them because they never let me down. I mean seriously, 1200 worth of subs lasting you 11 years at almost double rating? You can't say anything negative about a sub that lasts you 1/3rd of the time you have spent on this planet.

Would I buy them again? No, because I have 4 W3's from 06 that didn't fair as well that ran within spec. Personally I don't think they make the subs they used to.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Understandable given there is so much kicker there ;) . Yeah, show cars aren't generally meant to be loud, just look damn nice, which these do.

Yeah, to the owners of the those cars, there systems do exactly what they want: look good and provide some thump in the trunk or back seat. lol So I respect that. If they like it, I love it.

I'll try to stay on topic here. Haha! I have two JL 13W7's and I'm happy with them (I would like to get two Fi BTL 15's but I don't think they would fit in my trunk). Right now I have them hooked up to a PPI PCX2400, but I am considering getting a T2500-1bd (I'm just doing a little research first to make sure it's not too much power for them).

Also, what's so bad about Optima Yellow Top's? I had to get a new battery in a hurry a couple weeks ago and just ran up to the local store and picked one up.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Archived