Second Skin Audio

What kind of sub in my Grand Prix?

nicklbmx

Yeah, I measured really quickly and it was pretty dark so I probably am off. What kind of setup do you have in yours and do you know what spl you get? I'm guessing it's in a grand prix so you know what your talking about. And your right.... I wasn't thinking about putting it through there at the time I was thinking an 18.. I had two MA 12's in there before and i remembered I had a little trouble getting that in there.

I didn't go for SPL, I have two sealed IA Flatlynes.

The box is 35.75"W X 14"T X 18"D IRC and it is about 10" from the back of the seats because of the extra battery behind the box.

Install014.jpg

i have an 18 ported with room so i guess your all just wrong. i say go with an eighteen. also i have had a 15 and you can face the towrds the back in a 4.3 cube box ported. each of these met all requirements for the box.edit: on a side note if you want an 18 btl i will sell you mine if ur interested send me a pm.

You have an 18" sub ported in a 97-03 grand prix? Id like to see pics of the box or even dimensions of the box cause I am having a hard time believing it, unless you built the box in the trunk or your using a box that is way to small for the sub. Even dimensions of this 4.3ft^3 box that you fit in, that is about the gross volume of the box I had in there that would fit a 15" sub and like I said I had to jump on the box to get it to go in.

you can see in my signature that its an 04. and from his deminsions his trunk should be bigger than mine.

edit: my deminsions are 30L x 38W x 14T came roughly after displacemnt to 5.5 ish iirc. for the 18.

2004 Grand Prix

HU: Alpine 9886 :( for sale

Sub Amp:AQ2200d (possbly 2)

Enclosure:BCP Designs. Best for the Money

Electrical:1 Stinger SPV70 battery

Subs:2 15 D2 AQ HDC coppers

Wiring:0gauge power SoundQuest

Wiring:0gauge ground Kicker

141.8 @ 28hz tl legal on the dash.

142.6 @ 33hz tl legal on the dash.

you can see in my signature that its an 04. and from his deminsions his trunk should be bigger than mine.

I have sigs turned off. The problems aren't the internal dimensions it is the dimensions of the trunk opening, It is pretty much impossible to get that size through the trunk opening. Like I said earlier if he wants a 18 or a 15" rear facing he would have to build the box in the trunk.

I have sigs turned off. The problems aren't the internal dimensions it is the dimensions of the trunk opening, It is pretty much impossible to get that size through the trunk opening. Like I said earlier if he wants a 18 or a 15" rear facing he would have to build the box in the trunk.

I'd face it up :)

sigggg.jpg?t=1271018288

What about something like a Sundown Nightshade? They are designed to fit in smaller boxes. The recommended box for a 15" is 3-3.5 cubes.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

I dont see an 18 fitting without some work, but good luck on that i think u should go with a 15 cause that should fit in there, if u were to put an 18 in there, u would have very little room for wires amps and batts but thats my personal opinion.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Haha everyone says something different but i read good things about the AQ2200D's and went to the website and they are out for 4 weeks.

for subs I would go with the aq hdc3 for the price they are amazing!! they blow the crap out of the bl or anything else in its price range

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

• 1 year later...

Im also looking at installing subs in my 2000 grand prix gtp(bose speakers). Im getting 2 sundown sa12's. Does anyone have a set of designs for a ported box? My neighbor builds boxes but he asked me to look online for a nice set of plans first since he inst to common with sundown's. Thanks -Zak

Archived