Sonic Electronix

For those of you who didn't see it, my friend's got a 1995 Police Interceptor. Pics HERE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/74124-lmao-best-friends-car/

He's now getting around to picking stuff for a system. There's plenty of room in the trunk. Definitely enough to fit 2 15's, although that's nowhere near his budget. He doesn't want to wind up putting a grand or so into it. I'm trying to come up with ideas for what he could get. He's looking around $500, maybe more. He wants to keep it around one paycheck (we're both in college, not tons of money here). Hoping not to do electrical upgrades besides the Big 3 in 1/0. Other than the price of the box build and the 1/0 for the Big 3, what kind of system do you guys think we could get going for around $500? Sub(s) and amp would be #1 priority. He's not looking for the loudest system ever, just a little beat in his car. Any ideas?

Thanks again guys :drinks:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

For those of you who didn't see it, my friend's got a 1995 Police Interceptor. Pics HERE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/74124-lmao-best-friends-car/

He's now getting around to picking stuff for a system. There's plenty of room in the trunk. Definitely enough to fit 2 15's, although that's nowhere near his budget. He doesn't want to wind up putting a grand or so into it. I'm trying to come up with ideas for what he could get. He's looking around $500, maybe more. He wants to keep it around one paycheck (we're both in college, not tons of money here). Hoping not to do electrical upgrades besides the Big 3 in 1/0. Other than the price of the box build and the 1/0 for the Big 3, what kind of system do you guys think we could get going for around $500? Sub(s) and amp would be #1 priority. He's not looking for the loudest system ever, just a little beat in his car. Any ideas?

Thanks again guys :drinks:

Check the for sale section here or the local craigslist :)

I picked up my prefab polk db1222 box for $149 on sale at a local fry's electronics. They aren't bad for now but I'll likely upgrade at some point.

My amp I got used off craigslist for eighty. I already had all the wiring so it was easy to test the amp worked.

I even picked up all four of my 5x7s off craigslist for $90.

I know my current setup isnt anywhere in the league of the typical SMD member but for a starter set up on a budget its loud enough to annoy the neighbors and the wife fusses she can hear it in the house from the driveway :)

Edited by elcamino74ss

2007 Ford Taurus

Pioneer P980BT Head unit

Stock Electical

DB Link 4ga wiring

Polk DB570 front/rear

Junk in the trunk:

Polk db1222 box

Rockford Fosgate 600.1bd

4 autotek super sport at12s and 2 autotek super sport at1000 amps. Should be able to find the amps under $90 shipped, and the subs under $50 shipped each. under $400 for it all. Play it for a while, and sell it off to anothe vic owner for twice what you got in it, and buy something better

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

look in ficaraudio.com the fi qs and stuff are pretty cheap you could buy a fi q 15 and a used amp off craigslist and knuconceptz wire for under five hundred

Try a Fi SSD 15 200

audiopipe 1200D 170 i believe

Knu wiring you really only need 4 gauge should be around 50 bucks for power and ground and like 10 for ring terminals about 20 for a good fuse holder

Edited by BIGD502

Check out hifi sound connection I think you can get an l7 15, a box, kicker 750.1, and a all the wire needed with the fuse for around 5 bills

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

I was leaning toward the Fi Q or SSD. I've heard lots of good stuff about it on here. I've been looking on craigslist a bit and on here for deals on an amp, but everything on craigslist is a joke for the prices they're charging. Definitely going with Knu wire. buying it by the foot is a great option and the quality for the price is unmatched by anything I've seen.

He was joking about putting a 15" in instead of a 12" and when I told him I though the 15" was a good idea he was like "fuck yeah!" He doesn't want to try to do two 12's (i know it's a common first-time setup) because he would rather buy one solid sub than two weaker ones (smart kid, eh?). An SSD 15 would be $200 on Fi's site (dunno if that includes shipping or not), which would leave $300-ish for the amp and wiring. I'll be designing and building the box once I get measurements of his trunk and he decides on a sub. He wants around 800w, which is what the SSD is rated for, so I think it's a great fit.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I'd say its gong to be a task to stay under that $500 budget. I started out thinking I wouldn't spend more than $600-800, and I've spent about two grand in two weeks and there's still some shit I'd like to do.

T1500-1

BTL 18 D2 Loaded

P300-2

Waiting on RE XXX 6.5s to get here

I'd say its gong to be a task to stay under that $500 budget. I started out thinking I wouldn't spend more than $600-800, and I've spent about two grand in two weeks and there's still some shit I'd like to do.

LMAO I know it'll be hard to not spend more, but it's easy when you don't have any money :lol: I did some maths and with a 15" SSD and plent of Knu wiring and terminals he's sitting at around $300. Looking for an 800w amp for around $200 seems more than do-able. He's got a new deep-cycle battery in it and it's got a 135-amp alt, so he's got the electrical to power it no problem. I'm sure when we're done he'll want to get a new this and upgrade that, but this is just step 1.

wtf is lolcats?